City of Greeley, CO
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Customer Service Representative - Rodarte Community Center
at City of Greeley, CO
- Job Summary
Customer Service Representatives are an integral part of the Recreation Division with the City of Greeley and are responsible for providing quality customer service to patrons of the Greeley Recreation Center, Family Funplex, Rodarte Community Center and the Active Adult Center. This position oversees entry desk operations and is responsible for assisting with the supervision and training of seasonal employees. Customer Service Representatives provide information to patrons regarding Recreation facilities, programs, services and events. These positions must also process class and activity registrations, sell facility memberships, and schedule Facility/Park shelter rentals.
- Experience, Knowledge, Skills
Required Experience, Knowledge, Skills:
- 1-3 years of customer service experience;
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- Spanish/English fluency (will be tested);
- Current certification in Community CPR, First Aid and AED or within 3 months of hire.
- RecTrac software, Microsoft office, and When 2 Work scheduling software knowledge.
- Essential Functions
- Greet all patrons in a timely manner and inquire where and what they are doing in the facility to ensure safety;
- Answer and transfer a high volume of telephone calls;
- Provide courteous service to patrons requiring program registrations, facility bookings, park shelter reservations and daily use of the facility;
- Give patrons tours of the facility and information regarding the Recreational Facility;
- Provide quality customer service through the development of relationships with participants, community members, and various organizations.
- Assist in the training of part-time staff;
- Answer questions for seasonal staff and resolve problems that arise after normal business hours;
- Communicate with direct Supervisor about seasonal staff success including compliments, job knowledge and behavioral issues;
- Participate in monthly operations staff meetings to ensure consistency throughout all five recreational facilities. Attend and become involved in the monthly operations all staff meetings to ensure consistency throughout all five recreational facilities.
- Learn and use the RecTrac software for entry desk operations including membership sales, program registration, facility rentals and point of sale services;
- Assist with ensuring marketing materials, website, and social media sites are updated with accurate information;
- Follow and assist in the enforcement of risk management and emergency response trainings;
- Membership Sales and Customer Relations.
- Process and assist with promoting membership sales at all recreation facilities;
- Assist in member appreciation events and promotions;
- Aid patrons in registrations for multiple activities;
- Maintain and update family and organization accounts;
- Process of daily fees for use of facility and program registrations;
- Conduct item inventory and reconcile as to shortages and overages and report these numbers to Facility Supervisor;
- Reserve park shelter reservations and park area bookings for specific days during designated hours;
- Book and collect rental fees for reservations.
In relationship to the City of Greeley Core values; applied wisdom, excellence, accountability, stewardship, principled relationships, and integrity, a full time Customer Service Representative will bring fresh ideas and higher standards to assist in the Recreation Division in continuing to achieve quality programming and community excellence.
- Responsible for monitoring supply ordering for front desks, pro-shop and concession supplies;
- Assist the monitoring of surveys and focus groups to gauge member satisfaction levels, gain constructive feedback and foster ideas.
- Work Environment and Physical Requirements
- Frequent interruptions and heavy public contact;
- Flexibility to work weekdays, nights, weekends, evenings and some holidays;
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Vision to perform physical activities, read computer keyboards, reference books and other written documents;
- Strength and stamina enough to walk, stand, stretch, bend, lift or carry up to 50 lbs;
- Manual dexterity enough to complete daily work such as operate computer keyboards, drive and operate motor vehicles, and operate other office equipment and complete paperwork.