City of Greeley, CO
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Guest Services Representative - Recreation
at City of Greeley, CO
Pay: $11.1 to $12.29/hour
$11.1 - $12.29
Job Reference #: 2260862
Overall Job Objective
- Job Summary
Provides customer service at the multiple recreation facility front desks as well as administrative support for the staff and operations. Specific job duties include:
- Greets and admits guests, collects fees, and communicates effectively and professionally with guests and staff at all times concerning day to day operations and information sharing;
- Conducts self in a manner consistent with City of Greeley's core values and organizational expectations;
- Prepares shift deposits and cash drawer at beginning/end of shift following established guidelines;
- Provides general facility use instructions, enforces facility policies/rules by informing guests of existing policies;
- Notifies supervisory personnel when issues arise;
- Resolve conflicts of members and guests as they arise;
- May be responsible for general upkeep and security of the facility by cleaning, maintaining and stocking supplies daily;
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and trainings.
- Experience, Knowledge, Skills
- Experience in customer service with excellent customer service skills;
- Prior cash handling experience highly desired;
- Experience and knowledge of computer operations and use of software packages;
- Demonstrated organizational, multi-tasking and detail oriented skills;
- Spanish/English bilingual skills desirable.
- Essential Functions
- Communicate effectively in one-to-one settings, using the telephone and orally in group settings;
- Accurately and efficiently enter information into computer via keyboard;
- Greet the public and provide clear and accurate information;
- Collect fees and charges for various services offered;
- Monitor building for security purposes;
- May be required to assist in room set-up and other customer service related issues;
- Organize work area and facilitate operation of the front desk.
- Work Environment and Physical Requirements
- Frequent and heavy contact with public and employees in person and by telephone;
- Occasional confrontation with public/participants for enforcement of building rules;
- Work is performed in an open office environment with noise levels excessive at times;
- Must be available to work occasional weekends and/or holidays as required by shift assignment, or requested by supervisor.
- Communication skills enough to convey information verbally, in writing, and on telephone;
- Vision enough to read computer screens and written documents to assist the public and complete work assignments;
- Manual dexterity enough to accurately input, retrieve, and verify work assignments;
- Mobility enough to stand, sit and move within a confined work area and access all areas of Recreation and Senior Center facilities.