City of Greeley, CO
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Greeley, CO
- Job Summary
This position is located within the City of Greeley Recreation Department. The Lifeguard is responsible for the prevention of injury, supervision of patrons, and rescue and treatment of patrons at the City of Greeley swimming facilities.
- Experience, Knowledge, Skills
- Certifications in American Red Cross (or equivalent) Lifeguard Training, First Aid, and CPR.
- Must be at least 15 years of age.
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer preferred.
- Previous lifeguard experience preferred.
- Essential Functions
- Lifeguard works under direct leadership of the Pool Manager and Assistant Pool Manager.
- Arrives 15 minutes prior to scheduled shift to prepare aquatics facility, including, equipment, and personal safety gear (i.e. sunglasses, sun screen, whistle, uniform); begins and ends rotation on time.
- Ensures the safety of patrons by observing swimmers at all times, corrects unsafe behaviors, effectively responds to emergency situations, performs lifesaving procedures, tests pool chemical levels, and keeps accurate records.
- Maintains a good rapport with the public.
- Enforces rules at all times for all patrons.
- Cleans and maintains the swimming facilities and properties of the City of Greeley.
- Maintains certifications required for the position.
- Provides a positive example to patrons through conduct, dress and manners. Represents the City of Greeley in a positive, professional manner to the community.
- Attends mandatory meetings and training sessions as outlined by the Recreation Coordinator.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Work Environment and Physical Requirements
Physical Requirements: Work may be required to be performed on weekdays, weekends, nights, evenings, and some holidays. Work involves walking, standing, swimming, stretching, bending, lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds, and working in an environment that may be stressful and with many interruptions.
Work Environment: Work can be performed either in an indoor or outdoor setting depending on the assigned task or facility. May be performed in varying weather conditions. May be exposed to loud noise, fumes, and chemicals.