City of Littleton, Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Littleton, Colorado
The City of Littleton has an opportunity for a Civil Engineer.
The Civil Engineer provides engineering expertise in the areas of development review and management of capital improvement projects to provide a high quality of life for residents and businesses by delivering well designed and constructed infrastructure. This position will perform and/or coordinate consultant engineering reviews of plans and specifications for both private and public projects in the city. The position will also manage the planning, design and construction administration of capital construction projects.
The City of Littleton is a vibrant community south of Denver and is consistently voted as one of America's best small cities. Home to a charming and historic downtown, a variety of shopping venues, restaurants, parks and trails, there is a lot to offer to the wonderful people who live and work here. The City of Littleton offers outstanding benefits and perks including a comprehensive benefit package with $0 deductible medical, a dedicated employee clinic, excellent retirement matches, generous paid time off, flexible schedule options, and wellness programs, just to name a few. To learn more, visit: City of Littleton Careers.
The City of Littleton believes in attracting and retaining the best talent and our strategies include hiring in at or above market pay and career development opportunities. This includes the opportunity to earn an additional 12% for P.E. License. In addition to your application, please submit a cover letter that describes why you are the best candidate for this position and the City of Littleton.
Engineer starting pay at or near $66,200.
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Review plans, supporting technical reports, engineering specifications, estimates and other documents for compliance with adopted codes, standards and specifications;
- Understands and implements the city development processes as related to land development and engineering;
- Designs, prepares and/or reviews projects for accuracy, feasibility, economy, and compliance with codes and regulations;
- Coordinate assigned engineering projects with other City departments, outside contractors, government agencies and organizations and the public;
- Prepares engineered plans, specifications, and contract documents for street and utility construction using CAD and related design software;
- Prepares construction cost estimates for city construction projects;
- Manages capital construction projects including coordinating inspections, materials testing, meeting with contractors and citizens and ensuring that projects are on schedule and adhering to specifications;
- Researches, identifies, and prepares legal descriptions of right-of-ways, easements and ownership deeds;
- Performs limited topographic, construction and location surveys. Reviews legal descriptions or real property and insures that survey results are accurately drafted and recorded;
- Assists the Water Resources Manager in overseeing development's compliance with the City's floodplain regulations and stormwater requirements;
- Support applying for, obtaining and administering grants including preparation of cost estimates and grant applications;
- Contacts federal, state and local agencies to develop engineering improvements and projects on an inter-governmental basis, and coordinates improvements with the same;
- May serve as an Emergency Worker and,
- Perform other assignments and projects as required.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Requires two years of progressively responsible plan review, engineering design, or closely related experience;
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Civil Engineering or Construction Management;
- Requires certification as an Engineer in Training (EIT) and, a
- A valid driver's license
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Requires expert knowledge of the principles, techniques, and practices of civil engineering, construction management and contract administration;
- Thorough knowledge of planning and land entitlement process;
- Review engineering plans and specifications;
- Principles, practices, materials and terminology related to site construction;
- Requires excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills; the ability to effectively communicate with customers;
- Ability to translate verbal communication into effective written material, e.g., reports and other documents;
- Inspect permitted engineering work and projects for completeness, proper work methods and compliance with applicable regulations and ordinances;
- Ability to use various software platforms including Civil 3D, Microsoft Office, GIS, and aptitude to learn and apply other software and,
- Interpret and apply Federal, State and local policies, laws and regulations