City of Loveland
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Community Service Officer
at City of Loveland
This posting is to fill one (1) vacancy and establish an eligibility list. Anticipated hire date is May 16, 2019.
The Community Service Officer is a uniformed civilian position within the Loveland Police Department responsible for assisting Police Department personnel with law enforcement related tasks that does not require the authority of a commissioned officer. The salary range for this position is $47,700 to $61,900 per year, with a hiring salary of $47,700 per year.
Selection process timeline
January 17: Written test
February 12: Initial Oral Board Interview
February 13: Executive Oral Board Interview
March 4 - April 26: Conditional Offer Process (background investigation, drug screen, physical requirements assessment, psychological exam, polygraph)
May 16, 2019: Tentative Start Date
Please note: No alternate test or interview dates will be available. All phases must be completed in person.
Assist commissioned officers with prisoner booking and processing. Transport non-violent prisoners to the Detention Center, Detoxification Center, and Municipal Court or to the Department of Child Services. Enforce laws and ordinances regarding abandoned vehicles. Enforce selected Municipal Codes with respect to police-related issues. Enforce municipal parking laws. Take complaints of minor, crimes including cold theft, found and lost property reports. Complete paperwork necessary for sex offenders, parolees or treatment program registrations. Conduct minor accident investigations. Direct traffic during accident investigations, power outages, and infrastructure repairs. Complete required reports and forms related to all duties.
- Must be at least 18 years of age at time of application.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Law enforcement experience preferred.
- Must live within the Loveland Police Department's residency limit (12 mile-radius) within six (6) months of hire date.
- Reading and writing skills in the English language of sufficient level to accurately complete required reports, forms, and letters.
- Ability to work long and varied hours/shifts and adjust sleeping patterns.
- Vision quality allowing safe driving at night.
- Ability to withstand extreme weather conditions from sub-freezing to hot, humid temperatures.
- Ability to exert sufficient physical force to protect self from combative subjects and assist in bringing them under control.
APPLICANTS WHO ARE UNSUCCESSFUL IN THE SELECTION PROCESS MAY APPLY FOR FUTURE OPENINGS.