City of Loveland
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fitness Instructor II & III-Chilson/Senior Fit
at City of Loveland
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide safe and effective class instruction to registered participants; provide make up sessions as required
- Develop and implement lesson plans
- Participate in required trainings & safety meetings
- Inspect classroom/program environment and equipment to insure safety
- Handle emergencies according to established procedures
- Keep current on the trends and advancements in the area of assigned class activity/training utilizing approved educational sources
- Complete and maintain accurate administrative & record keeping tasks including but not limited to participant medical assessments, written consent forms, written exercise plans, guest evaluations, descriptions for promotional brochures
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
Knowledge of activity required. Strong oral communication skills required. Ability to work effectively and diplomatically with diverse groups required. Strong customer service skills required. Ability to handle difficult situations involving participants with patience, good judgment and diplomacy required. Ability to build and maintain strong participant enrollments.
Education and/or experience:
Program Instructor II: Course work in recreation, education or related field preferred. Minimum of three (3) months experience teaching exercise/fitness classes required. Previous participation in and sound knowledge of the activity.
Program Instructor III: Degree in recreation, education or related field preferred. Minimum of three (3) years' experience teaching a variety of fitness classes required. Previous participation in and sound knowledge of the activity required.
Licensure and/or certifications:
Program Instructor II: Current CPR & First Aide preferred or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire date required.
Program Instructor III: Current certification from a nationally recognized primary group exercise certification organization preferred (e.g ACE or AFAA). Current CPR & First Aide preferred or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire date required.
Work Environment and Background Checks:
Must be able to physically & safely lead and demonstrate the skill and/or activity. Will be required to work varied hours, including evenings and weekends. May require pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing, positioning and moving equipment necessary for the activity.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
A criminal history background check will be obtained pre-employment.