City of Loveland
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Recreation Instructor - Tot/Preschool/Youth Programs
at City of Loveland
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Developing and implementing lesson plans
- Inspecting classroom/program environment and equipment to insure safety
- Instructing registered participants
- Handling emergencies according to established procedures
- Completing administrative tasks such as skill assessment of participants, attendance sheets, class evaluations and class descriptions for marketing purposes
- Assessing and recommending class supply purchases
- Providing make-up sessions as necessary
- Attending required training sessions
- Some positions may require operating a motor vehicle including a 11 or 14 passenger van
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
Knowledge of activity required. Strong oral communication skills are necessary and required. Ability to work with a diverse group of people effectively and diplomatically. Strong customer service skills are required and necessary. The ability to handle difficult situations involving participants with patience, good judgment, and with diplomacy is expected. Must demonstrate competent organizational and planning skills. First Aid and CPR certification may be required. If position requires driving, must possess a valid driver's license.
Education and/or formal training:
Course work in recreation, education or related field preferred but not required. Previous participation in and sound knowledge of the activity required.
Program Instructor II: One to 3 years as a primary instructor in children's and/or adult activities.
Program Instructor III: Three to 4 years as a primary instructor in children's and/or adult activities.
Program Instructor IV: Four or more consecutive years of experience leading and teaching adult and/or outdoor leisure activities.
Working Environment and Required Background Checks:
Must be able to physically lead and demonstrate the skill and/or activity. The incumbent in this position will be required to work varied hours, including evenings and weekends. May require pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing, positioning and moving equipment necessary for the activity. This position must possess the strength and stamina to perform strenuous physical activity.
Material and equipment directly used:
Audio-visual equipment, sports equipment, telephone, 11 or 14 passenger van if position requires driving.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
A driving record and criminal history background check will be obtained pre-employment.