City of Loveland
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Loveland
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Enhances Loveland Park & Recreation image and ensures a quality visit for guests by instructing, testing and evaluating participants in the swim lesson program.
- Ensures the safety of all participants in their swimming classes by safe and proper usage of equipment.
- Performs necessary lifesaving procedures; handles emergencies according to standard procedure.
- Assist with registration for swimming lessons; submits class lesson plans; oversees guests enrolled in the swim program.
- Attends required in-service training and/meetings, to stay current on teaching methods as appropriate.
- Inspects classroom/program environment and equipment to ensure safety.
- Maintains progress records of each child enrolled in class; completes administrative tasks like attendance sheets and class evaluations.
- Disseminate and promote Parks and Recreation program information and educate users of potential opportunities and services available.
- Directs public to proper locations; provides general facility use instructions; enforces facility policies and procedures by informing guests of existing policies.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains order in classes to ensure a safe environment and promote a learning atmosphere.
- May be required to cross train into other areas for duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
Must have the ability to react quickly and appropriately in emergency situations. Must possess excellent customer service skills be able to communicate effectively and diplomatically with parents, students, co-workers and facility management team. Must possess effective conflict resolution skills. Must demonstrate good judgment and decision-making. Ability to follow both written and verbal direction and communicate in a friendly, positive and professional manner. Must demonstrate a variety of swim strokes and skills as required for class content and be able to impart those skills to class members. Must be at least 16 years of age.
Education and/or experience:
Swim Instructor or six (6) months of swim instruction experience with children and/or adults in groups required. Demonstrate knowledge of principles and methods used in teaching swimming required. Six (6) months of customer service experience or training preferred.
Licensure and/or certifications:
Current CPR and First Aid certifications or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire date required.
Must possess the physical stamina to effectively demonstrate safe swimming techniques to participants. In a public pool environment may be exposed to noisy, distracting and stressful situations. Requires bending, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, moving and positioning (up to 50 pounds). Must be available to work mornings, some evenings, weekends and holiday hours. Must be at least 16 years of age.
Material and equipment directly used:
Teaching props such as kickboards, diving rings, life jackets, etc.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
All offers are conditional upon a satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check and pre-employment drug screen.