Clayton Early Learning
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Clayton Early Learning
General Purpose: The data manager of Educational Services maintains, coordinates and monitors all data related to educational programs and services. Responsible for the success of multiple data systems. Provides coordination of data systems and processes. Provides management, direction and leadership in data management, such as technical support and systems administration. Maintains strong relationships and communication with key partners. Ensure integrity and quality assurance standards for all departmental data. Responsible for supervising program associate and managing departmental data protocols and procedures.
- Develops and supervises data processes, procedures and internal controls for data collection, input, integrity, error correction, back-up and security, workflow, and access to information.
- Manages educational data base systems (COPA, ProCare, ChildPlus) in order to efficiently and accurately provide data to staff for the timely and accurate production of reporting.
- Coordinates implementation and use of databases (data input and reporting) and long-and-short term data collection systems to meet report generation and tracking requirements; analyzes data and supports program evaluation.
- Train staff to build data capacity and expertise. Oversees scheduled data audits to ensure data quality.
- Works with executive and management staff to provide support in preparing mandatory reports and creates and disseminates relevant information to all appropriate staff.
- Identifies and advocates for appropriate and best practice database system modifications. Implements, manages and maintains educational data base systems in order to support staff in meeting the needs of children and families.
- Communicates with staff to resolve issues or concerns related to data base systems involving educational programs.
- Develops and implements training for school staff on the entering, monitoring and extraction of educational data for tracking, analyzing and reporting purposes.
- Assists staff in collecting educational data required for monitoring various programs and grants.
- Presents data during meetings, trainings and/or conferences for early childhood professionals. Attend meetings, workshops and conferences related to educational data matters.
- Assures compliance with applicable policies, procedures and governmental regulations relating to educational data.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned to ensure the quality and integrity of data management and systems.
- May collaborate with key partners in the evaluation of system databases and version upgrades and serve as an advisor when adjustments are made to current projects or new projects begin.
- Represents Head Start in the community to enhance collaboration with other agencies providing comprehensive services and other beneficial resources.
- Provides supervision of direct report to include monitoring work, work flow and tracking of work time.
- Manages performance and engages in regular supervisory meetings.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability: Knowledge of data collection and external educational database/reporting systems. Ability to interface and communicate with a variety of departments and individuals in order to input, monitor, and extract educational data for complex statutory reporting and grant proposals.
Flexibility to perform work within changing priorities and possess sufficient interpersonal skill to work harmoniously with children, families, staff and others.
Education or Formal Training: Minimum BA in related field and 2 years of relevant data management experience in an educational environment; prefer 1 year of supervisory experience.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Clayton Early Learning provides national leadership to advance the field of early childhood education by researching, implementing, and disseminating innovative teaching models. Join our highly skilled team as we promote educational equity for young children through family engagement, teacher preparation, and effective early education policy.
Clayton Early Learning is an equal opportunity employer that values workplace diversity. We strive to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences, and perspectives. We prohibit discrimination of employees or applicants on the basis of race, creed, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, disability, or any other classification considered discriminatory under applicable law.