Clayton Early Learning
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
On-Call Substitute Teacher
at Clayton Early Learning
On-Call Substitute Teacher
Make an Impact on Our Community! We are seeking On-Call Substitute Teachers.
Assists as a substitute teacher at our Clayton Educare School. Assists with organizing, implementing, and delivering birth to 5 early childhood program based on the individual and group educational, social, and emotional potential of the children enrolled. Prepares meals and maintains the kitchen and kitchen appliances in a safe and sanitary manner in accordance with state, local and program procedures and regulations. Assists in managing the classroom environment, provides input and observations concerning program participants, and interacts with parents and family services staff as a part of the early childhood development component.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implements an infant/toddler and preschool program based on parent input and individual children’s intellectual, physical, social and emotional needs and strengths, in accordance with Clayton Performance Standards, licensing and organization guidelines.
- Follows the written plans for daily activities based on children’s needs and interests which stimulate learning in all developmental areas (physical, social, emotional, and intellectual) for a class of 8 to 20 children which may include some children with disabilities.
- Promotes positive employee relations through open two-way communication and prompt resolution of employee issues.
- Assists in planning and implementing services to children in the classroom who have special needs or individual education plans. Collaborates with and participates in the process established to assist the families of these children.
- Assists in the maintaining the organization of the classroom.
- Participates in the preparation, setup, and clean up of meals and snacks. Eats meals/snacks “family style” with the children.
- Maintains documentation of incidents that may have occurred in the classroom.
- Participates in training programs, workshops, and meetings concerning teaching methods, approaches, and other topics relating to the early childhood development component and the Substitute Teacher Program Standards.
- Reports situations requiring suspected crisis intervention including, but not limited to, child abuse, directly to the classroom’s lead teacher, or if he/she is unavailable, to the center’s directing management.
- Administers first aid and/or medication and/or attends to medical devices as needed. Prepares and submits accident reports.
- Demonstrates responsible professional behavior by participating effectively within the Substitute Teacher Program Team, Clayton’s coaching staff, and assigned program staff.
Fluent in English/Spanish a plus.
High school diploma or GED
Certificates or licenses:
- Pediatric first aid and CPR certification, and universal precautions.
Special professional and/or job-related requirements:
- Current PPD-TB and physical examination, background check, and compliance with other regulatory requirements as applicable.
Special training or experience:
- Knowledge of the culture, including food preferences, and conditions inherent within the surrounding community.
- Training and experience in teaching methods and classroom preparation.
- Experience in managing and relating to small children in groups and individually, and interacting with parents and others who represent various backgrounds.
- Experience in observing, assessing, and evaluating situational and behavioral circumstances.
- Training or experience in working as an effective member of a team.
Shifts: 8:00-5:00-pm or 9:00-6:00 pm
(No benefits or guaranteed hours per week)
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Clayton Early Learning provides national leadership to advance the field of early childhood education by researching, implementing, and disseminating innovative teaching models. Join our highly skilled team as we promote educational equity for young children through family engagement, teacher preparation, and effective early education policy.
Clayton Early Learning is an equal opportunity employer that values workplace diversity. We strive to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences, and perspectives. We prohibit discrimination of employees or applicants on the basis of race, creed, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, disability, or any other classification considered discriminatory under applicable law.