Clinica Family Health Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bilingual Behavioral Health Professional
at Clinica Family Health Services
To uphold Clinica Family Health’s mission to serve the medically underserved by developing and implementing enhanced patient mental health, maternity, chronic disease, health education and self management programs to achieve the highest level of quality medical care, health education and preventive services possible, embracing the values of:
• Service to Others
• Do the Right Thing
• Make Clinica a Great Place to Work
This job exists to: Partner with other providers to encourage and help patients receive the behavioral support necessary to impact their overall health.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides brief intervention and consultation in real time to patients and interventions provided are helpful to both patients and referring members of the care team.
• Responsible for the Assessment, treatment planning and episodes of brief, goal focused therapy for established Clinica patients.
• Proficient in the use of My Clinica Connection.
• Actively participates and utilizes supervision feedback (both from the CMD and the BH Program Manager) to improve patient care.
• Responsible for crisis intervention counseling as referred by providers. Acts as a consultant to other staff on skillful and effective intervention with patients, including crisis intervention.
• Manages/monitors mental health referrals to CMHC’s for patients with higher behavioral health needs.
• Responsible for resolving conflicts in a professional manner and is a model for strong interpersonal communication skills with all staff.
• Manages and strives to achieve the target number of patient encounters and satisfies minimum documentation requirements for all services rendered.
• Responsible for follow-up of high-risk patients, especially patients with depression as indicated by the depression registry’s targeted outcome measures.
• Functions as a group visit team health educator, specifically for patients with chronic pain, depression and anxiety.
• Coordinates care for complex patients with co-morbid mental and physical health conditions.
• Demonstrates knowledge of annual universal depression and substance abuse screenings and effectively provides necessary f/u services.
• Acts as a consultant and resource to members of the care team on skillful and effective interventions with patients with chronic illnesses and mental health diagnoses.
• Assists with staff training as needed.
• Provides on-site training for mandatory reporting procedures.
• Assists with implementation of an effective Quality Improvement Program.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain a safe work environment:
o Implement, review, apply and actively enforce the clinic’s safety policies.
o Support the safety program by actively looking for opportunities to improve safety practices and evaluate staff for safety practices and ergonomic issues.
o Discipline staff when safety policies are violated.
o Knowledgeable of and compliant with laws and regulations governing area of responsibility.
o Responsible for reporting any potentially non-compliant conduct.
o Cooperate fully with our Compliance Officer in upholding our Compliance Plan.
• May be responsible for supervising an Intern.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities, as required.
SCOPE OF AUTHORITY:
1. Provide brief intervention/therapy to patients and serve as a consultant to medical staff.
2. Assess and Diagnose patients within the scope of professional licensure.
3. Progress is reviewed quarterly and results are measured and formally evaluated annually.
A. Education / Experience:
1. Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Clinical Psychologist related Master’s Degree or licensure required within six months of completion of supervision hours as required by the State Licensing Board requirements.
2. Two years experience in community health preferred.
B. Knowledge, skills and abilities:
1. Short term, strategic, goal oriented therapy skills (SFBT) in a CHC or other health care setting.
2. Familiarity with current DSM and ICD Diagnosis Codes.
3. Sensitivity to low income, ethnic minority community.
4. Bilingual in Spanish required.
PRINCIPAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
• All Clinica Family Health employees and managers
• Outside contacts such as community members and community agencies
• Other healthcare providers
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
• Data and data-base development and resources
WORKING ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
• No risk of blood borne pathogens.
• Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment.
• Must be able to drive to different sites in own vehicle.
• Occasional evening or weekend work.