Clinica Family Health Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bilingual Dental Assistant/EDDA - Spanish - Starting pay: $15-$16/hour!
at Clinica Family Health Services
**Must be bilingual in English and Spanish**
This job exists to: Performs those duties to assist the Dental Director, Dentists, and Hygienists in the care and treatment of patients. Performs reception, chair-side assisting, inventory and dental record duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the dentist and hygienists in chair-side procedures routinely done in a general and pediatric dental practice.
- Responsible for preparation and setting up of instruments, materials, and equipment necessary for each procedure.
- Responsible for the sterilization of instruments, and the cleaning and routine maintenance of equipment and work areas.
- Occasionally schedules patients, and accurately records information on patient records.
- Exhibits positive leadership skills, actively striving to improve the patient and staff experience of Clinica, as well as strong communication skills, including willingness to grow and develop skills in motivational interviewing.
- Assist in processing encounters.
- Identify related medical and/or social problems,
- Assist in maintaining inventory of supplies and materials as well as maintaining thorough and accurate documentation of inventory.
- Assists with the training of new Dental Assistants.
Hospital Responsibilities (If applicable)
- Assist the Dentist in dental surgical procedures.
- Review pre-operative and post-operative instructions with guardian.
- Document treatment and other notes in EDR.
- Responsible for the preparation and set up of the Operating Room.
- Maintain knowledge of supplies and inventory in the Dental Cart and storage room.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of consent forms regarding surgical procedures. Review with patient and guardian as needed.
- Adhere to PPE operating room requirements.
- Comply with Children’s Hospital North Surgery Center and Clinica employee policies and procedures including, but not limited to (privileging and credentialing, handling equipment, sterilization, etc…).
- Adhere to Children’s Hospital North Surgery Center Radiation and Safety procedure. Follow correct operating procedure for NOMAD.
- Keep and maintain professional working relationship with staff from Children’s Hospital North Surgery Center.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a safe work environment by remaining informed of and compliant with the clinic’s safety policies, and in particular by application of safe practices in area of own responsibility.
- Knowledgeable of and compliant with laws and regulations governing area of responsibility.
- Responsible for reporting any potentially non-compliant conduct.
- Cooperate fully with our Compliance Officer in upholding our Compliance Plan
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as required.
A. Education / Experience
- HS diploma or GED.
- Graduate from dental assistant school or certification required
- Previous experience desired, but not required.
- X-ray certification required.
B. Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Sensitivity to low income, ethnic minority community
- Bilingual in Spanish
- An ability and willingness to learn and expand abilities.
- An ability to establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with patients and coworkers. Ability to work in a team environment a must.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to prepare and maintain charts, records, logs, and reports.