Clinica Family Health Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bilingual Front Desk
at Clinica Family Health Services
*Must be bilingual in Spanish and English*
This job exists to: The purpose of this position is to have a staff member who is fully cross trained in all aspects of administrative support of the providers resulting in a smooth running pod team. This job exists to provide the pro-active front office support of the medical team in creating a great customer experience for the patient.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledge and understanding of patient payer terminology, eligibility, and insurances accepted, to include Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial, and clinic specific programs.
- Skilled at receiving and processing collection of payment and proper cash handling procedure
- Quality scheduling to include active-schedule management and maintaining the clinic schedule
- Excellent customer service, cultural sensitivity, and confidentiality
- Follow appropriate telephone protocol for patients and employees
- Initiate, update and maintain electronic medical record
- Responsible for patient-related data collection for process and quality improvement
- Actively enrolls and engages patients with My Clinica Connection
- Responds to patients questions by following and informing of our policies and procedures
- In coordination with the security guard or hospitality clerk, actively monitor lobby area for, security, safety concerns, and cleanliness
- Distribution of all clinic deliveries
- First line of de-escalation when handling volatile, emotional, and behavioral patient issues
- Report signs of abuse/neglect of patients or staff members to a clinic manager immediately
- Completes patient registration in EMR and updates with any changes in patient status.
- Updates patients of current wait time, when necessary
- Support the Clinical team with all administrative, planned care initiatives
- Maintains visitor check-in process
- Responsible for all “normal lab” phone calls to patients
- Assists patients in filling out registration forms
- Performs daily outreach from the care planner alert report and other outreach efforts as directed
- Manages all outgoing correspondents via mail, email, and fax for the clinic
- Confirms appointments via phone call to patients
- Participation in organization, site workgroups, or committees as requested
- Basic understanding of financial enrollment and refers when appropriate
- Receiving dropped off labs and basic knowledge of specimen handling and storage
- Reads data, corrects errors, and reports inefficiencies
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a safe work environment by remaining informed of and compliant with the clinic’s safety policies, and in particular by application of safe practices in area of own responsibility.
- Knowledgeable of and compliant with laws and regulations governing area of responsibility.
- Responsible for reporting any potentially non-compliant conduct.
- Cooperate fully with our Compliance Officer in upholding our Compliance Plan
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Assure that front desk equipment: fax, copier are properly supplied
- POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
A. Education / Experience
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- One year in a medical facility preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel preferred.
B. Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
Basic computer, math, written and phone skills
Excellent customer service and organizational skills
Sensitivity to low income, ethnic minority community is required
Able to flourish in a team management system
Ability to work under pressure, multitask, and prioritize efficiently