Clinica Family Health Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) - Advanced Spanish
at Clinica Family Health Services
This job exists to: Partner with other providers to encourage and help patients receive the behavioral support necessary to impact their overall health, while serving your community!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides brief intervention and consultation in real time to patients and interventions provided are helpful to both patients and referring members of the care team.
• Responsible for the Assessment, treatment planning and episodes of brief, goal focused therapy for established Clinica patients.
• Actively participates and utilizes supervision feedback (both from the CMD and the BH Program Manager) to improve patient care.
• Responsible for crisis intervention counseling as referred by providers. Acts as a consultant to other staff on skillful and effective intervention with patients, including crisis intervention.
• Manages/monitors mental health referrals to CMHC’s for patients with higher behavioral health needs.
• Responsible for resolving conflicts in a professional manner and is a model for strong interpersonal communication skills with all staff.
• Manages and strives to achieve the target number of patient encounters and satisfies minimum documentation requirements for all services rendered.
• Responsible for follow-up of high-risk patients, especially patients with depression as indicated by the depression registry’s targeted outcome measures.
• Functions as a group visit team health educator, specifically for patients with chronic pain, depression and anxiety.
• Coordinates care for complex patients with co-morbid mental and physical health conditions.
• Demonstrates knowledge of annual universal depression and substance abuse screenings and effectively provides necessary f/u services.
• Acts as a consultant and resource to members of the care team on skillful and effective interventions with patients with chronic illnesses and mental health diagnoses.
• Assists with staff training as needed.
• Provides on-site training for mandatory reporting procedures.
• Assists with implementation of an effective Quality Improvement Program.
A. Education / Experience:
1. Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), PhD, or PsyD
2. Two years experience in community health preferred, but not required.
B. Knowledge, skills and abilities:
1. Short term, strategic, goal oriented therapy skills (SFBT) in a CHC or other health care setting.
2. Familiarity with current DSM and ICD Diagnosis Codes.
3. Sensitivity to low income, ethnic minority community.
4. Bilingual in Spanish and English required.