Clinica Family Health Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant (Advanced Spanish)
at Clinica Family Health Services
This job exists to: Provide high quality medical care that is culturally appropriate and prevention focused. Serves as a leader on the Pod contributing to the smooth, efficient, operation of the Pod, the Site and the Organization.
*High proficiency in Spanish required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides patient care as per Health Care Plans and within his/her Scope of Practice.
- Provides high-quality, comprehensive care to all patient populations, both in acute and chronic contexts (e.g., applies planned care principles; practice variations from Clinica’s treatment protocols as appropriate; limitations of training/experience are respected).
- Expands and maintains rapport with the medical community in the service area (e.g., interacts appropriately with other medical personnel outside of Clinica; actively seeks to broaden our referral network).
- Appropriately communicates with health & human services agencies, local governments, and community organizations as needed.
- Provides responsive off-hours medical services physically or by phone when the clinic is closed, if applicable.
- Supports and teaches team members at the site. Teaches students enrolled in a relevant health- profession training program.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, and stays current with changes in this area.
- Provides Human Resources staff the needed documentation, paperwork, and signatures to complete credentialing and privileging (initial and biannual).
- Is respectful and responsive to staff and patients (is approachable by other staff, demonstrates good team work by offering and receiving feedback appropriately).
- Handles ongoing daily clinical work in a timely and thorough manner. This includes being present for huddle, responding to messages (by phone and e-mail), staying on time while caring for patients, charting, managing the PAQ and Tasks, submitting referrals, reviewing records, and completing paperwork needed for optimal patient care.
- Exhibits positive leadership skills on and off the pod. (Actively striving to improve the patient and staff experience of Clinica)
- Collaborates well with teammates, both on a clinical level (e.g., seeks/provides guidance and feedback to supervised/supervising clinician) as well as on a managerial and administrative level (e.g., follows Clinica’s procedures around requesting/taking time off).
- Handles ongoing daily clinical work in a timely and thorough manner as outlined in the Provider manual (see Provider Manual).
- Effective use of the EMR, registries and templates.
- Works under the supervision of a designated physician.
- Supports and promotes MCC utilization with the Clinician team.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains a safe work environment by remaining informed of and compliant with the clinic’s safety policies, and in particular by application of safe practices in area of own responsibility.
- Knowledgeable of and compliant with laws and regulations governing area of responsibility.
- Responsible for reporting any potentially non-compliant conduct.
- Cooperates fully with our Compliance Officer in upholding our Compliance Plan
- Leadership and modeling of Clinica values.
SCOPE OF AUTHORITY:
- Provides medical services to patients and serves as a consultant to clinical staff.
- Works with the management staff to maintain quality of care and efficiency.
Progress is reviewed quarterly and results are measured and formally evaluated annually.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Program.
- Licensed in the State of Colorado
- Eligible for DEA licensure (new graduates should obtain within a year of hire).
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- One year of experience in ambulatory health care preferred
- Sensitivity to low income, ethnic minority communities preferred
- Proficiency in the Spanish language required.
- Computer proficiency – EMR experience preferred.
- Ability to flourish in a team system.
PRINCIPAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- All Clinical staff
- All employees and managers and leadership
- Outside contacts such as community, other healthcare providers
WORKING ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
- Risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
- Usual clinical environment
- Ability to travel from clinic to clinic in own vehicle as required