Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2020 Farm Credit Banking Group Intern - Denver
At CoBank, our Farm Credit Banking Group's (FCBG) strategic focus is to maintain strong and vital direct funding relationships with our 21 affiliated Associations operating in 23 states serving the Northwest, West, Southwest, Rocky Mountains, Mid-Plains, and Northeast regions of the United States, as well as manage relationships with other key Farm Credit System institutions. Our relationships with Associations provide an important competitive advantage in attracting and retaining customers and in fulfilling our collective Farm Credit mission to support agriculture, rural infrastructure and rural communities.
Our FCBG Intern will learn the basic structural components of credit underwriting to a Farm Credit System financial institution. This intern will be responsible for analyzing financial results and preparing credit recommendation actions. In addition, this intern will work with the Vice President of Purchased Participation Strategy in analyzing relationships with key strategic trading partners. A typical project for the FCBG intern may include developing a survey to measure the level of satisfaction of our affiliated Associations with CoBank in several defined areas. CoBank interns learn real-life business skills and gain a greater understanding of the Farm Credit System and its function. This is a paid position for undergraduate and graduate students working toward a degree in Ag Economics, Finance, Ag Finance or related discipline.
In addition, various training courses are available throughout the summer for interns. A living stipend will be included.
This 2020 summer intern position is located in our Denver office.
- High school diploma and 1-2 years relevant experience or education.
- Currently enrolled in and working toward a degree in Ag Economics, Finance, or Ag Finance.
- Demonstrated skills in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to model in Excel.
- Aptitude for learning other software applications.
- Ability to perform research across multiple systems.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communications.
- Experience in banking or financial services industry.
- Basic understanding of financial statements and accounting concepts.
- Knowledge of cooperative principles and the desire to expand in this area.
CoBank stands strong as a $125 billion enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of rural communities. That means we help fund new ways to grow food, generate energy, access technology, and otherwise improve life in America. When you choose a career with us, you make a difference by standing for something that matters. A career at CoBank can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. We also provide competitive compensation, health and wellness benefits, company-funded retirement plan, matching 401(k), and professional development programs.
CoBank will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
CoBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.