Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Auditor / Staff Auditor
Coordinates and performs financial, operational, technology and/or regulatory audits in accordance with established department and professional audit standards. Prepares work papers that support opinions presented in reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs audits in accordance with professional audit standards, procedures and guidelines, within the boundaries of individual assignments, and within specifications and timeframes listed in the audit plan.
- Assists in the risk assessment process.
- Assists in the preparation and delivery of verbal and written presentations and reports to management detailing audit results.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of financial and operational controls using risk-based concepts. Uses audit engagements as opportunities to identify, review and test key business controls to assist management in meeting its objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, technology, information systems or other relevant discipline.
- Master’s degree and/or certifications such Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license, Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) preferred.
- One (1) or more years of relevant experience, preferably in banking or the financial services industry preferred.
- Familiarity with auditing principles and applying best practices of the internal audit profession.
- Familiarity with COSO framework, Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and other regulatory requirements for financial institutions.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage workload and projects, prioritize competing commitments, and complete assignments in accordance with established deadlines.
- Demonstrated technical, analytical and research skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail and customer service orientation.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively and build relationships with associates and management at all levels across the bank.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access).
- Availability for occasional work outside normal business hours.
- Availability for occasional travel.
CoBank stands strong as a $125 billion enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of rural communities. That means we help fund new ways to grow food, generate energy, access technology, and otherwise improve life in America. When you choose a career with us, you make a difference by standing for something that matters. A career at CoBank can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. We also provide competitive compensation, health and wellness benefits, company-funded retirement plan, matching 401(k), and professional development programs.
CoBank will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
CoBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.