Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Bank Financial Reporting
At CoBank, the Director, Bank Financial Reporting directs the activities, staff, and systems of the financial reporting department to ensure timely and accurate financial and regulatory reporting, and analysis of financial results. Works with various groups to obtain data required for financial reporting. Come be a part of a team that is critical to CoBank’s success in reporting accurate financial results internally and externally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages preparation of periodic CoBank financial reports for presentation to senior management, shareholders, regulators, and others.
- Manages the maintenance of internal control over financial reporting (ICFR) documentation, testing and systems related to the financial reporting process.
- Directs the development and update of systems, controls, processes, and procedures to ensure the integrity and accuracy of financial reporting and compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), regulatory requirements, ICFR and industry practice. Prepares/reviews the quarterly GAAP update for senior management.
- Assists division management with technically oriented projects, ad hoc reports, and complex analysis. Provides comprehensive analysis and assists with Farm Credit System workgroup projects as requested.
- Provides professional counsel and technical expertise in accounting and financial reporting areas. Assists division management in evaluating the effects of certain transactions and new accounting pronouncements on CoBank's financial reporting. Prepares/presents the financial reporting quarterly change management matrix.
- Prepares/reviews the financial sections of CoBank's annual and quarterly reports, including the Management Discussion and Analysis, as well as press releases and investor presentations to ensure adequate and appropriate disclosure. Reviews or prepares regulatory financial reports for the FCA and federal government.
- Maintains relationships with business units and associations to develop thorough understanding of events and issues impacting CoBank. .
- Responsible for review of benefit plan financial statements covering the banks defined contribution and defined benefit pension plans.
- Coordinates annual independent external audit. Interfaces with external audit and accounting professionals regarding financial reporting and accounting and reporting policy responsibilities.
- Supervises staff. Sets performance standards, manages workflow, grants authorities, evaluates performance, and recommends personnel actions within delegated authorities. Consults with Human Resources as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or relevant discipline.
- Ten (10) or more years of relevant finance experience, preferably in financial services or a related industry; or an appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Two (2) or more years of management/supervisory experience.
- Master’s degree, MBA and/or CPA/CFA preferred.
- Experience with both public accounting firms and industries preferred.
- Knowledge of financial institution regulatory reporting (e.g. Call report, capital ratios) preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and advanced knowledge of financial management reporting and accounting regulations, automation of financial reports, internal control documentation, and testing.
- Experience with and in-depth knowledge of financial reporting system applications, including Hyperion HFM and Essbase.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), financial institutions accounting and reporting practices, and SEC regulatory reporting requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of internal control over financial reporting requirements.
- Excellent evaluation, analysis, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage projects and deliver on commitments within tight timeframes and competing priorities.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong detail and customer service orientation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability develop and maintain relationships and to communicate effectively to all levels of management, staff, and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access), and other business systems.
CoBank stands strong as a $125 billion enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of agriculture and rural communities. That means we help fund new ways to grow food, generate energy, access technology, and otherwise improve life in America. When you choose a career with us, you make a difference by standing for something that matters. A career at CoBank can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. We also provide competitive compensation, health and wellness benefits, company-funded retirement plan, matching 401(k), and professional development programs.
CoBank will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
CoBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.