Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Manager/Senior Project Manager
At CoBank, our Project Managers will manage the planning, execution and close-out of all Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO) assigned projects. Responsible for planning, tracking, budget, variances, change control and deliverables as defined for each project with adherence to and utilization of our standard iterative project methodology. This individual will also provide consultation to CoBank executives regarding alternatives for achieving maximum benefit on the organization’s investment in transformational initiatives.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership in the analysis, planning, design and implementation of cost-effective, scalable technology solutions. Manages all phases of delivery according to CoBank’s project management methodology.
- Assists organization in identifying and developing short-term and long-term technology options to improve the business, including the development of business cases to support proposed changes in information technology. Evaluates alternative solutions in light of business requirements and technical architecture standards and guidelines. May develop business requirements and cost/benefit documentation.
- Develops and manages detailed work plans, assigns tasks, oversees project progress and prepares regular reports and presentations regarding project progress and risks. Tracks the completion of project milestones as well as scope, issues, risks and cost for each project.
- Participates in establishing internal project management practices and the application of an industry standard, proven set of information technology methodologies, and adheres to established standards
- Bachelor’s degree in business or computer-related discipline
- 5-8 years’ experience managing business process improvement and systems integration initiatives on-time and on-budget, using proven project management practices and structured methodologies; or appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Possesses a cross-functional understanding of the teams, skills, and organizations involved in the planning, forecasting, and implementation of a product/product life-cycle.
- Experience developing and delivering executive level presentations.
- Ability to lead system design projects that include significant process implications.
- Ability to identify risk areas and proactively determining appropriate mitigation strategies
- Advanced knowledge of common corporate business functions (financials, supply chain, customer relationship management, etc.).
- Knowledge of technology components and infrastructure requirements supporting the implementation of tightly integrated information technology solutions
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with experience leading a discussion/working session
- Proven track record in facilitating and positively motivating teams and instilling accountability for on-time, within budget project delivery
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management and staff.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience in banking or financial services industry preferred.
- Occasional travel required.
- Available for occasional work outside normal business hours.
- Certifications in PMP and/or CSM
- About CoBank
CoBank stands strong as a $125 billion enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of agriculture and rural communities. That means we help fund new ways to grow food, generate energy, access technology, and otherwise improve life in America. When you choose a career with us, you make a difference by standing for something that matters. A career at CoBank can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. We also provide competitive compensation, health and wellness benefits, company-funded retirement plan, matching 401(k), and professional development programs.
CoBank will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
CoBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.