Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Manager, Financial Analysis
At CoBank, our Senior Manager, Financial Analysis prepares detailed financial analyses to support recommendations related to strategic, financial and operating decisions. Advises senior management and other bank associates on financial trends and issues impacting performance. Supports business units and product managers regarding marketing and operational plans, performance and financial issues. Supports performance analysis and measurement at a product, portfolio, division and customer level. Prepares detailed analyses of issues impacting the financial services industry as a whole. Maintains comprehensive databases and computer models. Contributes to development and maintenance of the bank’s 3-year business and financial plan, budget and forecast reporting systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or relevant discipline.
- Ten (10) or more years of financial analysis experience, preferably in financial services or a related industry; or an appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Maintains knowledge of industry conditions and trends that could impact the bank.
- Develops working knowledge of overall bank performance and its key drivers.
- Provides education and training to business or product group associates on financial performance measurement methodologies.
- Develops presentation materials for senior management, the board of directors and other audiences, as needed.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree, MBA and/or CPA/CFA preferred.
- Knowledge of banking trends, and techniques and best practices in budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis, and management reporting of large commercial financial institutions.
- Knowledge of financial reporting systems, and experience with combined and/or consolidated financial reporting environments including multiple data sources.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, and their applications.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively research, compile and interpret data from financial information systems, databases, spreadsheets, and other data sources.
- Proven ability to perform complex technical analyses utilizing spreadsheets, database and other personal computer functions.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills, and the ability to creatively and succinctly present the results of complex research and analysis to impact opinion.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and deliver on commitments within tight time frames and competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong detail and customer service orientation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability develop and maintain relationships and to communicate effectively to all levels of management, staff, and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access), and other business systems.
- Availability for occasional work outside of business hours.
- Availability for occasional travel.
CoBank stands strong as a $125 billion enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of rural communities. That means we help fund new ways to grow food, generate energy, access technology, and otherwise improve life in America. When you choose a career with us, you make a difference by standing for something that matters. A career at CoBank can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. We also provide competitive compensation, health and wellness benefits, company-funded retirement plan, matching 401(k), and professional development programs.
CoBank will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
CoBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.