Cognizant Technology Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, BFS/ Insurance-Regulatory Attorney, Associate Counsel
at Cognizant Technology Solutions
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 00031045431
SENIOR REGULATORY ATTORNEY, BANKING AND FINANCIAL SERVICES AND INSURANCE
Our strength is built on our ability to work together. Our diverse backgrounds offer different perspectives and new ways of thinking. It encourages lively discussions, inspires thought leadership, and helps us build better solutions for people. We want someone who thrives in this setting and is inspired to craft meaningful solutions through true collaboration.
If you're comfortable with ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we'd love to hear from you.
WHY CHOOSE COGNIZANT
It takes a lot to succeed in today's fast-paced market, and Cognizant Technology Solutions has become a leader in the industry. We love big ideas and even bigger dreams. We stand out because we put human experiences at the core.
We help clients engage customers by envisioning and building creative products and services. But we don't stop there. We develop go-to-market strategies and invent entirely new business models, ensuring that every company we work with walks away with both inspiration and a plan.
Everything we do at Cognizant we do with passion—for our clients, our communities, and our organization. It's the defining attribute that we look for in our people.
Senior-level (Director) Regulatory Attorney preferably based in Dallas, Denver, Teaneck or Washington, D.C. but will consider other locations for remote workers. Responsible for providing legal advice to Cognizant's Banking and Financial Services and Insurance business on regulatory requirements pertinent to the company's services and software products.
This position will develop and implement processes to ensure the organization is compliant with regulatory requirements, review and negotiate relevant client contract terms and lead and oversee any applicable licenses. Other responsibilities include:
- Establishing relationships with relevant federal and state agencies and updating and maintaining any required government issued licenses;
- Preparing and submitting written notices and complaint responses to appropriate state and federal agencies;
- Analyzing new and pending laws and regulations which directly affect applicable services and products; recommending appropriate policies, procedures, controls, reporting, contract language and agreements to ensure compliance;
- Reading and understanding reports, validating and analyzing examination findings, identifying standard methodologies and apprising senior management;
- Negotiating regulatory terms in service agreements for services, products and platforms and other tools used in support of regulated activities;
- Assisting in the development of new products and services by identifying applicable regulatory requirements;
- Supporting corporate compliance in the development and implementation of policies and procedures, oversight, internal advisory/consulting and monitoring/reporting activities to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, and
- Identifying and mitigating regulatory risk across lines of business.