Cognizant Technology Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director - Legal, Healthcare Regulatory Attorney/ Regulatory Associate Counsel
at Cognizant Technology Solutions
Healthcare Regulatory Associate Counsel
Senior counsel level Healthcare Regulatory Attorney based in Denver, Dallas or Teaneck, NJ. Responsible for supporting Cognizant's healthcare payer and provider business.
This position will report to Senior Regulatory Counsel and assist in implementing processes to ensure the organization is compliant with regulatory requirements. Other responsibilities include:
- Negotiating regulatory terms in service agreements, business associate agreements, security addenda and CMS FDR requirements;
· Providing legal advice to business clients and commercial attorneys on regulatory requirements related to new and existing products and services provided to healthcare payers and providers;
- Counseling business clients on third party accreditation and certification requirements including URAC, NCQA and EHNAC;
- Supporting corporate compliance in the development and implementation of policies and procedures;
· Working with federal and state regulatory agencies to maintain existing licenses in support of the services provided including TPA licenses and UM certifications;
- Advising business clients on HIPAA Administrative Simplification, Medicare and Medicaid program requirements, state insurance regulations and clearinghouse trading partner agreements;
- Responding to regulatory complaints, as needed.