Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at College America
The Center for Excellence in Higher Education (CEHE) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah. CEHE operates degree-granting career colleges throughout the western United States and online. The college brands include Stevens-Henager Colleges in Utah and Idaho; CollegeAmerica in Colorado, Arizona, and Wyoming; California College San Diego, and Independence University (online platform). All of the colleges are accredited by ACCSC, a national accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. The colleges offer degree programs from the Associate’s level through the Master’s level in a variety of disciplines including Computer Science, Graphic Arts, Business/Accounting, Medical Specialties, Nursing, and Healthcare. CEHE is an at-will employer.
An instructor/faculty member in the Nursing Program is directly responsible and accountable for safeguarding the fulfillment of educational goals and objectives of the Nursing Program, and ensuring program compliance with the Utah Board of Nursing and ACEN. These responsibilities require leadership in both academic and workforce areas and include meeting student retention goals; participating in educational planning; evaluating student performance; motivating and advising students; and generating program reports as needed.
- Provide class syllabus consistent with college template and department requirements.
- Develop and maintain quality lesson plans for each course taught.
- Maintain accurate records of attendance and academic/professionalism grades and meet all deadlines for reporting these records to the Registrar.
- Abide by school policies/procedures as outlined in the Employee Manual and company issues.
- Attend annual graduation ceremony
- Attend all scheduled faculty, professional development, and in-service meetings and complete all assignments arising from these meetings on schedule.
- Participate on committees when assigned.
- Maintain congruency between topical outline and daily classroom schedule.
- Start and end classes at scheduled times. Observe scheduled break times.
- Tutor /conference student as needed and appropriate.
- Provide student advising updates and appropriate paperwork every 4 week or as needed during the course.
- Participate in program and curriculum development.
- Meet all professional growth plans successfully and submits proof to the Program Dean.
- Must be able to stand for at least 4 hours and lift 15 pounds.
- Must have a masters in nursing degree, an emphasis on nursing education is preferred.
- An active and unencumbered RN license in the State of Colorado.
- Minimum of three years of nursing experience.
- Must be comfortable with computer and online instruction.
- Must have four years experience in long term care
- Must have supervisory skills
- Must have experience in a Colorado based nurse aide training program
Measures of Merit:
- Maintain at least a 90% student course completion rate for each course taught each month.
- Score at least an average of 90% on course student positive evaluations per three modules evaluated.
- Lesson plans should include visual aids, a variety of teaching techniques, activities, field trips, guest speakers, library activities, and internet work.
- Complete lesson plans may be required to be turned in to the Program Dean, Dean of Education, or the President.
- Rank in the “Good” to “Excellent” range consistently for Instructor Evaluations completed by the Dean of Education or Program Dean Maintain at least a 90% student attendance rate for each course taught each month.
- Communicates with students if they are absent more than 1 class period.
This specification is intended to indicate management’s designation of the position’s essential functions, which include the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions given this title, and shall not be construed as declaring the entire description of specific duties and responsibilities of any particular positions. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing such duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. All positions, unless otherwise noted in an offer letter, are 40-hour a week positions, and regular and predictable job attendance is a requirement for all positions. Ability to competently perform all essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation; a demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery; and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or workgroup are basic requirements of all positions at CEHE. This job description is subject to change at any time.
We are People-Focused - We respect the intelligence and potential of each staff member. We provide a working environment that permits freedom to think, speak, disagree, innovate, create, and initiate. We value and admire ambitious and productive people, and we protect them, encourage them, and create a climate in which they flourish. We love, recognize, and reward producers and performers. In return, we require our employees to have a strong work ethic and be productive. We recruit broadly and select the highest caliber people available - ambitious, knowledgeable, and talented managers, instructors, admissions consultants, and administrators.
Sound Values and Virtues - The ethical conduct of our employees is of supreme importance. We hold the following as values and virtues: rationality, purpose, innovation, productiveness, profit, honesty, integrity, justice, and pride. These values are the core of our ethical code. To be ethical means to apply, to work by, and to live by these values and virtues.
CREDO - We are dedicated to helping our students graduate and get a much better job sooner. This is our mission. We pledge to provide the finest career education possible and to graduate satisfied students who have greater knowledge, skills, and self-esteem in the shortest possible time. Our education is high value, clear, and interesting and achieves the highest level of learning and achievement for students. We want to deliver twice as much in half the time.
CEHE is a drug-free environment and we perform drug testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer - We are an equal opportunity employer. No employee, or applicant for employment, shall be discriminated against in any term or condition of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or sexual orientation. We are constantly striving to make our colleges the best they can be. As an employee, you become part of that mission. We expect a commitment that you will be the best you can be.
I have reviewed the above job description, which sets out the essential job functions of my position, and certify that I can perform all the essential functions with or without an accommodation. If I need an accommodation to perform the essential functions of my job due to a physical or mental impairment, I agree to notify my manager immediately and agree to cooperate with the Company to identify reasonable accommodations that will allow me to perform the essential functions of my job in a satisfactory manner. I further agree to contact Human Resources if I am concerned that the interactive process or the offered accommodations do not adequately address my needs.
At our family of colleges, our mission is simple: to help our students graduate and get a much better job faster. If you believe that helping others achieve their dreams is part of your life's mission, then our colleges offer a wide variety of employment opportunities for your personal and professional growth.
We're looking for intelligent, driven, productive, talented, and innovative faculty and staff members to help our students succeed at every step of the college experience, from enrollment to graduation—and beyond. Join our family by applying today.