Colorado Acute Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CNA - PRN
at Colorado Acute Hospital
1690 N. Meade Street
Denver, CO 80204
We have an immediate opportunity for CNAs - PRN
As healthcare professionals, we are driven by a shared desire to help others.
Through medicine, technology and basic human compassion, we have the power to bring hope, comfort and healing to people in their hour of need.
At all of the LifeCare Family of Hospitals, we never forget the importance of our mission and the responsibility that comes with it. We are dedicated to achieving better health for our patients by treating each person's body, mind and soul
A national leader in long term acute care, LifeCare was built on the belief that early and aggressive intervention, coupled with a personalized treatment plan, can maximize a patient's potential for recovery.
General Summary: The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) assists the Nursing Department in the care of patients. The CNA ensures that LifeCare Hospital’s philosophy, standards, policies and procedures are met and maintained in a professional manner. The CNA is active in department activities, transdisciplinary team activities, and LifeCare activities to ensure individualized, patient-centered health care for all patient populations admitted to LifeCare Hospital.
Patient Population: Delivers direct patient care appropriate to the patients served. The ages of the patients served are adult (18-65 years of age) and geriatric (65 and older).
- Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and validated by the C.N.A. competency checklist.
- Assists the RN, LPN/LVN and other members of the clinical team in the care of the patient.
- Properly plans/organizes work for assigned shift to properly utilize time, resources, manpower, supplies to ensure patient receives appropriate quality care.
- Accurately completes and documents assignments.
- Ensures patient safety at all times by notifying the charge nurse of any risk factors seen, initiating and maintaining appropriate safety measures as outlined in LifeCare’s policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of use of all patient care equipment.
- Exchanges routine information in an appropriate manner requiring good oral and written communication skills.
- Adheres to LifeCare policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
- Regular attendance and timeliness is required.
This description is a general statement of required essential functions performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
Supervision: Does not direct the activities of staff or a function.
Experience: Six to twelve months of experience in an acute clinical setting is preferred.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
Licensure/Certification: Current CNA certification in the state where practicing if required. Current BLS certification is required. All CNAs must maintain current CNA certification, if required by State, and BLS certification while employed with LifeCare Hospitals.