Colorado Acute Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Infection Control/Employee Health Nurse
at Colorado Acute Hospital
1690 N. Meade Street
Denver, CO 80204
We have an immediate opportunity for Infection Control/Employee Health Nurses
General Summary: The Infection Control/Employee Health Nurse is responsible for the infection control and employee health programs of the hospital. The Nurse facilitates processes to reduce the risks of endemic and epidemic nosocomial infections in patients and health care workers through surveillance, prevention, and control of infections. The Nurse is active in unit activities, transdisciplinary team activities, and LifeCare activities to ensure individualized, patient-centered health care for all patient populations admitted to LifeCare Hospital.
Patient Population: Delivers direct patient care appropriate to the patients served. The ages of the patients served are adult (18-65 years of age) and geriatric (65 and older).
- Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and validated by the infection control nurse competency checklist.
- Plans, develops, and implements the Infection Control Program. Initiates annual review/revision of the Infection Control Plan; TB Plan; policies, and procedures as needed to maintain current CDC, APIC, OSHA JCAHO, CMS, state department of heath, and DHH requirements for infection control.
- Submits an annual report of effectiveness of the Infection Control Program review.
- Compiles and analyzes surveillance data to identify epidemiological variations in levels of disease and to develop appropriate measures for prevention and control.
- Facilitates the planning, development and evaluation of the Employee Health Program by developing objectives for employee health services through a collaborative role with all hospital departments, administration, and Medical Director.
- Develops, maintains and audits employee health records to ensure employee confidentiality and feedback to management in compliance with government regulations, company policy and applicable Code of Ethics.
- Performs walk-through assessments to determine employee work processes and potential sources of illness and injury; using epidemiological methods to define and monitor the health and safety needs of employees; contribute to the design of health controls and surveillance of actual and potential toxic or hazardous conditions in the work environment.
- Adheres to LifeCare policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
Experience: Six to twelve months of experience in a clinical setting
Education: Graduation from an accredited technical school of nursing; BSN desired
- Current license in state where currently practicing
- BLS certification
- ACLS within six months of hire date
- Certification by the National Certification Board of Infection Control or eligible for certification desired