Colorado Acute Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pharmacy Tech - PRN
at Colorado Acute Hospital
1690 N. Meade Street
Denver, CO 80204
We have an immediate opportunity for a Pharmacy Technician.
General Summary: The Pharmacy Technician assists the Pharmacist in preparing, dispensing, reconciling, and charging of all medications to the nursing units and treatment areas serviced by the pharmacy department and maintain an adequate drug supply and inventory. The Pharmacy Technician shall work under the direct supervision of a licensed registered pharmacist, and will only perform activities that are in compliance with state board of pharmacy practices.
Patient Population: Delivers direct patient care appropriate to the patients served. The ages of the patients served are adult (18-65 years of age) and geriatric (65 and older).
- Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and validated by the Pharmacy Technician competency checklist.
- Accurately and timely fills unit-dose medication orders and delivers medications to the nursing department after a pharmacist has verified them.
- Makes timely rounds to each nursing unit as directed by the pharmacist to deliver medications, IVs, reports, MARs, etc. and pick-up new orders and medications returned for credit.
- Accurately completes all credits returned to pharmacy in a timely manner. Appropriately returns medications to stock before leaving at the end of the shift.
- Assists in maintenance of appropriate inventory levels by following established procedures for drug procurement, storage and distribution. Maintains accurate ordering and inventory records.
- Prepares IVs as assigned, utilizing aseptic technique, under the supervision of a pharmacist.
- Assists the pharmacist with cart-fill by generating the necessary reports and accurately filling, exchanging, billing, documenting and filing cart-fill reports.
- Adheres to LifeCare policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
Experience: Previous hospital experience preferred
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Licensure/Certification: Current license as a Pharmacy Technician in state where currently practicing