Colorado Acute Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Colorado Acute Hospital
1690 N. Meade Street
Denver, CO 80204
General Summary: The Porter performs assigned duties in order to ensure sanitation in the delivery of patient, employee and visitor meals. Responsible for daily sanitation duties including: washing pots and pans, dish room operations, trash removal, transporting food carts and routine cleaning duties. Responsible for daily stocking duties including: putting up stock and replenishing floor stock on the nursing units. Assists with ordering food and supplies as requested. The Porter is actively involved in department activities, transdisciplinary team activities, and LifeCare activities to ensure individualized, patient-centered health care for all patient populations admitted to LifeCare Hospital.
- Cleans as per cleaning schedule and sanitizes work areas. Breaks down and sanitizes patient meal carts after each use and stores carts appropriately for the next meal. Demonstrates ability to safely operate, break down and sanitize necessary food service equipment.
- Places soiled linen and mops in designated areas; removes soiled linens from the department daily and places in appropriate receptacles.
- Cross-trains in other food service areas as assigned and completes duties within timeframe and designated manner.
- Delivers trays to nursing units and collects trays after meals in a timely, efficient manner.
- Greets patients, employees and visitors in a courteous and respectful manner, responds with positive interpersonal skills and handles requests with a positive attitude.
- Ensures safety at all times by notifying the supervisor of any risk factors seen, initiating and maintaining appropriate safety measures. Responds to and assists others in emergency situations in a calm and effective manner.
- The knowledge and skills necessary to perform position requirements are demonstrated through the successful completion of competencies established for the position, to include population served, and other special needs of patients and customers, served by the department.
- Adheres to LifeCare policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
- Regular attendance and timeliness is required.
Experience: One year of food service experience is preferred.
Education: High diploma or equivalent is preferred.