Colorado Acute Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Colorado Acute Hospital
1690 N. Meade Street
Denver, CO 80204
We have an immediate opportunity for Respiratory Tech-RRTs.
General Summary: The Respiratory Therapist performs a variety of therapeutic and diagnostic cardiopulmonary procedures that are intended to improve the cardiopulmonary status of patients with the use of appropriate equipment and supplies. The Respiratory Therapist is active in unit activities, transdisciplinary team activities, and LifeCare activities to ensure individualized, patient-centered health care for all patient populations admitted to LifeCare Hospital.
Patient Population: Delivers direct patient care appropriate to the patients served. The ages of the patients served are adult (18-65 years of age) and geriatric (65 and older).
- Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and validated by the Respiratory Therapist competency checklist.
- Administers respiratory medications, medical gases (including oxygen), and aerosol therapy in accordance with clinical practice guidelines and approved protocols and/or physician order for the care and treatment of patients with pulmonary related diagnoses.
- Institutes, maintains, and monitors continuous ventilatory support.
- Performs airway management in accordance with clinical practice guidelines and approved protocol. Responds to in-house emergencies and renders assistance and care as appropriate.
- Able to perform a variety of respiratory/laboratory test procedures including but not limited to arterial blood gases, pulse oximetry, spirometry, peak flow measures, weaning parameters and EKGs.
- Insures patient safety at all times by notifying the charge nurse of any risk factors seen, initiating and maintaining appropriate safety measures as outlined in LifeCare’s policies and procedures.
- Acts as a clinical resource for the medical staff on the delivery of respiratory therapy procedures and issues.
- Adheres to LifeCare policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
Experience: One (1) year of experience with six months in adult critical care and/or rehabilitation or two (2) years of experience in an acute or LTACH setting is preferred.
Education: Graduate of an AMA approved 2 or 4-year Respiratory Therapy program or completion of an AMA approved program equivalency. Fulfillment of RRT requirements established by state and/or licensing agency or authority.
Bachelors Degree: Preferred
Licensure/Certification: Current Respiratory Therapy license in the state where practicing is required. Current BLS certification is required and ACLS certification is required within six (6) months of hire. Current membership in State affiliation, National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) or American Association of Respiratory Care (AARC) is desired. All Respiratory Therapists must maintain current licensure, BLS and ACLS certifications while employed with LifeCare Hospitals.