Colorado Acute Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Wound Care RN - PRN
at Colorado Acute Hospital
1690 N. Meade Street
Denver, CO 80204
Onsite interviews will be held on Thursday December 13, 2018 from 7am to 7pm
1690 N. Meade Street Denver, CO 80204
Bring copies of your resume and be prepared to interview!
$10,000 sign on bonus for FT RNs
$10,000 sign on bonus for FT Night Nurse Supervisor
$2,000 sign on bonus for FT LPN/LVN
$1,000 sign on bonus for FT CNA’s
Tuition Reimbursement – up to $5,250 per year
Highly competitive wages, benefits and shift differentials
Please CLICK HERE to learn more about our hospital. Feel free to reach out to Mandy Jones or Joanne Arrigo if you’re interested in learning more.
LifeCare is a specialty hospital in Denver that treats medically complex and critically ill patients requiring extended, acute care hospitalization. Our mission is simple – Accelerate Healing, Restore Health, Improve Life. Our facility has 63 licensed beds which includes a 10 bed ICU, in-house radiology and CT scanner, in-house pharmacy and a procedure room. We invite you to learn more about our facility and everything we have to offer!
We have an immediate opportunity for Wound Care RNs
As healthcare professionals, we are driven by a shared desire to help others.
Through medicine, technology and basic human compassion, we have the power to bring hope, comfort and healing to people in their hour of need.
At all of the LifeCare Family of Hospitals, we never forget the importance of our mission and the responsibility that comes with it. We are dedicated to achieving better health for our patients by treating each person's body, mind and soul
A national leader in long term acute care, LifeCare was built on the belief that early and aggressive intervention, coupled with a personalized treatment plan, can maximize a patient's potential for recovery.
General Summary: The Wound Care Specialist has the responsibility and accountability for assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of wound care. Provides direct patient care and education to assigned patients. The Wound Care Specialist is active in department activities, transdisciplinary team activities, and LifeCare activities to ensure individualized, patient-centered health care for all patient populations admitted to LifeCare Hospital.
Patient Population: Delivers direct patient care appropriate to the patients served. The ages of the patients served are adult (18-65 years of age) and geriatric (65 and older).
- Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and validated by the Wound Care Specialist competency checklist.
- Provides consultation and assistance to staff/caregivers regarding wound management of patients with potential or actual alteration in skin integrity (per state guidelines if LPN/LVN).
- Assesses patient to determine etiological factors for skin breakdown (per state guidelines if LPN/LVN). Develops comprehensive wound management plan and assists staff in wound care when indicated.
- Serves as a primary wound care educator for patients / families with wound care issues.
- Ensures patient safety at all times by notifying the charge nurse of any risk factors seen, initiating and maintaining appropriate safety measures as outlined in LifeCare’s policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge and utilization of safe medication administration, adhering to LifeCare’s policies and procedures.
- Exchanges routine information in an appropriate manner requiring good oral and written communication skills.
- Adheres to LifeCare policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
This description is a general statement of required essential functions performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
Supervision: Oversees and directs delegated functions of LPN’s/LVNs, CNAs and Patient Care Technicians.
Experience: Two (2) years of experience in an acute or LTACH setting is preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or combination of an Associate’s degree in an approved Registered Nurse program and meaningful and appropriate experience
Licensure/Certification: Current Registered Nurse license in the state where practicing is required. Current BLS certification is required. ACLS certification within 6 months of hire is required. CWON and Hyperbaric Technologist certification is preferred. All Wound Care RNs must maintain current licensure, ACLS and BLS certifications while employed with LifeCare Hospitals.