COMCAST SPECTACOR, L.P.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operations Manager - Budweiser Events Center
at COMCAST SPECTACOR, L.P.
- Job ID
- Spectra - Venue Management
- Location Name
- Spectra VM - Budweiser Events Center
- Regular Full-Time
This position is based at our Budweiser Event Center. This 7,200 seat multi-purpose venue is called home by the Colorado Eagles of the ECHL. The Arena is located on The Ranch and is owned by Larimer County, Colorado and managed by Global Spectrum, L.P., and tickets are handled by ComcastTIX. The arena has seen some of the best bands, comedians, family and theater shows stop in Loveland. You can learn more about our venue here: http://www.treventscomplex.com/about-the-ranch
This position is to manage, supervise and coordinate the set-up, operations, and housekeeping of buildings, equipment and grounds for the assigned facility; oversee all building changeovers and provide highly responsible staff assistance to the assigned facility director. Supervise all ice maintenance and Zamboni usage. Supervises full-time changeover supervisor and operations part-time employees and has the authority to make recommendations for hiring and firing of employees.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
- Assume management responsibility for all services and activities involved in the maintenance and operations of assigned facility including event set-up and tear down, building changeovers, ice maintenance, custodial services, and grounds keeping.
- Under the direction of the Director of Operations, select, train, schedule, motivate and evaluate operations staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; oversee all part time staff.
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and review the work of part time operations staff; assign work activities and annual projects.
- Monitor part-time event staff hours using eTime; allocate hours to each event worked; approve time worked at the end of each pay period.
- Oversee the set-up of events; coordinate facility arrangements with concessionaires; manage all ice and event specific equipment; direct and monitor the work of contractors, engineers, and architects on building projects.
- Order supplies and materials for maintenance and housekeeping programs within budget guidelines; receive and maintain supplies.
- Attend pre-event meetings at previously scheduled times to go over event details, promotions, and specific event assignments.
- Ensure that the client needs are met in a professional and courteous manner.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Must have excellent customer service skills with a willing and pleasant attitude.
- Must have strong communication skills in the English language with attention to detail.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in building maintenance including at least one year of building changeover work and one year of ice rink and ice maintenance experience?
- Experience in the repair and maintenance of related building systems.
- Familiarity with OSHA requirements
- Minimum of Associates’ Degree preferred; Bachelor’s Degree is highly preferred.
- Must be able to take direction, prioritize assignments, and give tasks to employees.
- Must be able to work irregular hours; mainly evenings, weeknights, weekends and holidays.
- Proficient computer skills including knowledge of windows based computers and the internet.
- Ability to work independently, but still as a part of the overall team atmosphere helping promoters, tenants, clients, co-workers and managers as required.
- Ability to work under pressure in a live event environment.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER.