COMCAST SPECTACOR, L.P.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Warehouse Supervisor - Budweiser Events Center
at COMCAST SPECTACOR, L.P.
- Job ID
- Spectra - Food Services & Hospitality
- Location Name
- Spectra FH - Budweiser Events Center/ The Ranch Events Complex
- Regular Full-Time
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the effective management and running of venue distribution/warehouse operations including inventory, receiving, purchasing, ordering, lay-ins, purchase order tracking, clean-up, transfers and equipment maintenance. The Warehouse Supervisor must provide a high level of event oversight, technical proficiency and operational/personnel support to ensure the smooth running of (or preparation for) any assigned event. The Warehouse Supervisor will actively supervise, coach, counsel, direct, train and mentor employees in meeting company quality standards, and will independently initiate and authorize all employment actions such as hiring, termination, suspension, discipline, promotion and transfer. The Warehouse Supervisor will actively and independently manage all aspects of employee relations to ensure a positive, harmonious, compliant and cooperative work environment.
This position is based at our Budweiser Event Center. This 7,200 seat multi-purpose venue is called home by the Colorado Eagles of the ECHL. The Arena is located on The Ranch and is owned by Larimer County, Colorado and managed by Global Spectrum, L.P., and tickets are handled by ComcastTIX. The arena has seen some of the best bands, comedians, family and theater shows stop in Loveland. You can learn more about our venue here: http://www.treventscomplex.com/about-the-ranch
This is a key position for the effective and profitable operation of the business. The employee must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work a variable event-driven schedule which includes evenings and weekends. Open availability, professional presentation, outstanding interpersonal skills, self-direction and strong management and independent decision-making skills are required.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
- Responsible for product purchasing/ordering, receiving and distribution control for the venue.
- Ensure that established procedures for tracking purchase orders, requisitions, receiving dockets and perpetual inventor are maintained; report any deviation to General Manager.
- Maintain and manage sanitation and organizational systems of all warehouse storage areas.
- Willing and available to assist with Premium Services or Concessions event operations as directed by the GM or AGM.
- Provide direction to part-time warehouse staff to ensure all established lay-ins are completed for each event, in addition to requisitioning during events, post-event break down, warehouse returns, equipment storage, sanitation and maintenance.
- Responsible for ensuring that purchase order system is adhered to for all orders received at each warehouse; verify proper specification, size, quantity, etc. of goods received; supervise proper labeling, dating and stocking of supplies.
- Oversee and ensure that appropriate stocking levels are met for each event; rotate and maintain integrity of product.
- Ensure proper transfer process of product between buildings, including follow-up documentation.
- Perform routine maintenance; responsible for concession and utility equipment cleaning and maintenance: portable equipment, burden carriers, carts, floors, refrigeration, lighting. Ensure manifested equipment is in location.
- Evaluate warehouse employee performance. Maintain employee records, written warnings, reviews and other related documents.
- Conduct walk through of the commissary, warehouse and storage areas after the completion of the day to ensure all areas are clean.
- Oversee daily operation as either opening or closing supervisor on duty.
- Assist Office Manager with daily/weekly/monthly sales and AR/AP when needed.
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, professional and courteous manner which fosters a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to make sound business/operations decisions (i.e. regarding employee placement, staffing adjustments, and/or respond to technical, product or equipment challenges during an event) quickly and under pressure.
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English.
- Solid working knowledge of computer applications: Microsoft office, POS systems, timekeeping system.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Possess a thorough working knowledge of all existing concessions locations: geographical location, equipment, evacuation procedures, adjacent employee and guest areas, and facility access.
- Possess valid Food Handlers certificate and Alcohol Service Permit if required by state or local government.
- Possess thorough working knowledge of all applicable sanitation requirements, food preparation guidelines, alcohol service policies, safety standards, etc. pertaining to Spectra and venue concession operations.
- Ability to calculate basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages) as they relate to POS cash/credit transactions, cash reconciliation and product inventory.
- Ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly.
- Ability to consistently adhere to the highest standards of integrity, professionalism, ethics and confidentiality.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years warehouse / distribution experience
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience
- Forklift certification.
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time constraints and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following verbal, written or diagram instruction, following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employee in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients. Constant use of the English language verbally, written or reading to read company information and communicate to teams. Frequent use of company provided cell phone, desk phone. Constant use of company radio for communication. Ability to hear and respond quickly in high pressure situations to radio requests from employees, security, etc.
While performing duties of this job, the employee occasionally lifts and moves facility equipment and/or tools. Employee will frequently move about inside and outside various areas of the large facility before/during/after events to interact with internal/external clients and supervise the work of employees. Position will require employee to occasionally bend, stoop, or crouch in order to evaluate and inspect equipment and building infrastructure. Employee will as needed operate fork lift and high lift in assessment of and maintenance of the building and equipment. Employee will occasionally be required to identify or match colors/tones of furniture, dance floor, carpet or other items as necessary. Employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines and printers; employee will constantly communicate via telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee will frequently lift 30 lbs; occasionally lift up to 75 pounds; and push/pull 150 pounds, as business demands required.
The duties of this position are performed primarily indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate during non-event days and when not operating equipment; and moderate to loud during event days when equipment is in operation. The work environment is consistently cool (cold) when ice rink is in place seasonally. Exposure to crowds with thousands of people in attendance, crowded or tight spaces, high elevation, consistently loud workspaces, and freight elevators.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER.