Community College of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Adjunct Instructor – Nurse Aide Instructor / Clinical Instructor
at Community College of Denver
Nurse Aide adjunct instructor are part-time, at-will employees hired to teach specific laboratory and clinical assignments as needed. All such teaching assignments are dependent on budget and enrollment. The clinical instructor has ongoing responsibility for evaluating student learning in the clinical setting. The clinical instructor coordinate and collaborate with nursing faculty to teach, supervise, and assess nurse aide students in skills/laboratory/clinical experiences by providing excellence in instruction and assisting student to gain mastery in skill competency, clinlical reasoning and professional practice. The role of the clinical faculty is to assist students to apply knowledge and skills to care for patients and clients. The clinical instructor is physically present or immediately accessible to students in the clinical setting.
1. Bachelor degree from an accredited institution
2. Hold an active unencumbered professional nursing license OR an active unencumbered practical nursing license.
3. Have or be able to obtain a Career and Technical credential
4. Two (2) years (4,000 hours) or equivalent, professional nursing clinical experience
5. One (1) year of nursing experience in caring for the elderly and/or the chronically ill of any age.
6. Completed a course in teaching adults (e.g. Train the Trainer) OR have documented experience in teaching adults OR have one (1) year experience in managing nurse aides.
You must be able to qualify for Colorado Community College System credentials.
For details please refer to: http://www.coloradostateplan.com/default_cred.htm
Interested applicants must submit a complete application package which includes:
- Electronic Application - Click 'New Resume' at the bottom of this page
- Cover Letter - Include a brief summary of your education and experience, along with the courses (topics) you are eligible to teach and the times/days you are available to teach.
- Copies of transcripts
**All included attachments should be saved with the following nomenclature: Last name, First name Document; for example Doe, John Resume; Doe, Jane Transcripts
Community College of Denver is seeking individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and work environment. CCD values the ability to work effectively with students, families, faculty, instructors and staff of diverse backgrounds.
CCD is a Learning College where policies, programs and practices support learning as the major priority.
Community College of Denver is an Equal Employment Opportunity Educational Employer.
Background checks will be conducted on all finalists for employment consideration.
CCD recognizes that administration, faculty, instructors and staff reflect the diversity of its students and community and prohibits employment and student discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For information regarding Community College of Denver Security, including crime statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the CCD Campus Security for Students Right to Know . For a hard copy report please contact 303.352.3042.