Community College of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Architectural Technology Studio/Lab Assistant, Work-Study
at Community College of Denver
Job Title: Architectural Technology Studio/Lab Assistant, Work-Study
Department: CTE/Architectural Technology
Pay rate: $12.25 per hour
Number of openings: 4
Fall Semester 2019
Spring Semester 2020
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain open secure access across regular hours to workstations and equipment in Boulder Creek 117 and/or 126;
- Ensure safety and security of equipment; assist student users with drawing, drafting, and modeling questions and problems relating to the relevant AEC coursework;
- Assist Department Chair from time to time with printing, scanning, and miscellaneous administrative tasks while on duty as Monitor in Rooms 117 and 126.
- Assist Program Coordinator for the Building Crafts program within Architectural Technology from time to time with general administrative tasks.
- Anticipated Hours: Up to 12 hours/week, organized around sessions of 3-5 hours each.
- Must be a current student of the Community College of Denver, taking at least six hours of credit and awarded work-study funds.
- Work-Study candidate should ideally be a current student within the Architectural Technology program with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- A student with recent course completion of at least 6 Semester hours of AEC core courses.
- Proficiency with on-campus online programs and systems, including D2L;
- Competency with hand drawing, drafting and modeling;
- Excellent interpersonal skills for a wide variety of student interactions;
- Good written and verbal communication skills
12 hours a week (may not exceed 20 hours per week)
Closing Date: 12/20/19
Please include the following items with your profile, by clicking New Resume/CV under "Apply" below:
- Cover letter including availability
- Class Schedule
- Copy of Work-Study Award Notice
- Copies of Transcripts
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Community College of Denver is seeking individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and work environment. CCD values the ability to work effectively with students, families, faculty, instructors and staff of diverse backgrounds.
CCD is a Learning College where policies, programs and practices support learning as the major priority.
Community College of Denver is an Equal Employment Opportunity Educational Employer.
Background checks will be conducted on all finalists for employment consideration.
CCD recognizes that administration, faculty, instructors and staff reflect the diversity of its students and community and prohibits employment and student discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For information regarding Community College of Denver Security, including crime statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the CCD Campus Security website under “student’s right to know”: http://www.CCD.edu/Safety . For a hard copy report please contact 303-352-3042.