Community College of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dental Hygiene, Work Study
at Community College of Denver
Job Title: Dental Hygiene, Work Study
Pay rate: $12.85 per hour
Number of openings: 1
Fall and Spring Semesters
Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be availability to work on Monday and Wednesday onsite
- The Dental Hygiene work study position reports to the Dental Hygiene Program Director and will provide valuable administrative and clinical support to the Dental Hygiene staff, students, faculty, and instructors. The position will be responsible for providing customer-service back-up coverage in the Dental Hygiene Clinic. Responsibilities include greeting patients including taking temperatures and checking status of health check-in, notifying appropriate faculty and/or students of patient's arrival, answering clinic phones, retrieving and logging phone messages. In addition, duties related to dental clinic operations will include archiving, filing, and pulling dental charts, stocking office and dental supplies, assisting with sterilization of dental instruments and equipment, and preparation for clinic and laboratory sessions as required by program faculty and/or the Program's Clinic Operations Manager.
- Must be a current student of the Community College of Denver, taking at least six hours of credit and awarded work-study funds.
- Ability to work in a fast paced dental office setting
- Strong customer service skills
- One or more semesters working in an office setting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- -Previous experience in a dental practice, medical practice or public health facility desirable but not required
20 hours a week (may not exceed 20 hours per week)
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Please include the following items with your profile, by clicking New Resume/CV under "Apply" below:
- Cover letter including availability
- Class Schedule
- Copy of Work-Study Award Notice
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Community College of Denver is seeking individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and work environment. CCD values the ability to work effectively with students, families, faculty, instructors and staff of diverse backgrounds.
CCD is a Learning College where policies, programs and practices support learning as the major priority.
Community College of Denver is an Equal Employment Opportunity Educational Employer.
Background checks will be conducted on all finalists for employment consideration.
CCD recognizes that administration, faculty, instructors and staff reflect the diversity of its students and community and prohibits employment and student discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For information regarding Community College of Denver Security, including crime statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the CCD Campus Security website under “student’s right to know”: http://www.CCD.edu/Safety . For a hard copy report please contact 303-352-3042.