Community College of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Educational Technology Peer Tutor (Hourly)
at Community College of Denver
Job Title: Educational Technology Peer Tutor, Hourly Staff
Department: EXCEL! Zone
Pay rate: $11.48 - $18.81 per hour - commensurate with skills and experience.
Number of openings: 2
The Educational Technology Peer Tutor reports to the Educational Technology Coordinator as is part of a small dedicated team to empower student knowledge and use of technology as a tool. The purpose of this role is to foster a conducive learning environment by greeting students with a positive and welcoming attitude; providing education technology support by facilitating multimodal writing, video production and sound in students’ creation of Digital Storytelling. To provide appropriate customer service, services offered such as D2L, Microsoft Suite, and general assistance with technology on a daily basis; provide monitoring and oversight of the center to ensure an environment conducive for learning. Work well with others from a variety of cultural backgrounds and learning abilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
70% – Assist students
- Offer students technical support on educational technology software.
- Help students troubleshoot technology with computer-based assignments.
- Assist students with properly citing sources for visuals and sounds.
- Offer feedback on written script for video use.
- Build students' critical thinking skills through modeling and guided work.
20% – Monitor assigned center area
- Attend all departmental meetings and regularly scheduled training sessions.
- Provide information to students and staff regarding the services offered in each center within the EXCEL! Knowledge Zone.
10% – Administrative support duties as assigned
Any equivalent combination of education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Use of computer software programs or learning apps
- Customer Service
- must know subject area
- must enjoy working with a diverse population
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent customer service skill
- Ability to work well as a team
- Ability to learn and adapt
- Proficient word processor and internet navigation skills
- Willing to learn educational technologies
- Applicant shows responsibility, reliability and dependability
- Teaching License or Tutoring Certification Preferred.
- Knowledge of second language, such as Spanish, Portuguese, French, or other.
Up to 28 hours a week (may not exceed 28 hours per week)
Closing Date: Immediate/Position open until filled
Please include the following items with your profile, by clicking New Resume/CV under "Apply" below:
- Cover letter including one paragraph or a sound clip of yourself (MP3) describing the value of student use of educational technology for learning in higher education. Also include availability.
- Copies of Transcripts
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Community College of Denver is seeking individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and work environment. CCD values the ability to work effectively with students, families, faculty, instructors and staff of diverse backgrounds.
CCD is a Learning College where policies, programs and practices support learning as the major priority.
Community College of Denver is an Equal Employment Opportunity Educational Employer.
Background checks will be conducted on all finalists for employment consideration.
CCD recognizes that administration, faculty, instructors and staff reflect the diversity of its students and community and prohibits employment and student discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For information regarding Community College of Denver Security, including crime statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the CCD Campus Security website under “student’s right to know”: http://www.CCD.edu/Safety . For a hard copy report please contact 303-352-3042