Community College of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EXCEL! Knowledge Zone Accounting and Business Tutor, Hourly
at Community College of Denver
Job Title: EXCEL! Knowledge Zone Accounting Tutor, Hourly
Department: EXCEL! Zone
Pay rate: $11.48 - $18.81 per hour - commensurate with skills and experience.
Number of openings: 2
Duties and Responsibilities
To support student learning through a variety of student outreach activities such as one-to-one and group tutoring, leading group study, conducting learning strategy workshops, online tutoring, and effective collaboration between staff and departments in a way that contributes to student persistence.
- Provides students with learning support within specific content area(s) and resources in order to facilitate comprehension and transfer of knowledge based on course subject matter.
- Monitor and maintain the tutoring space
- Tutor in a variety of environments (one to one, group or via WebEx)
- Be knowledge in the areas of study that the tutoring space supports.
- Follows best practices in tutoring.
- Record content of each tutoring session.
- foster an environment that encourages student learning and success.
- Understand and apply the guiding principles of the EXCEL! Zone.
- Communicate directly with Student Support Assistants, other Tutors, Coordinators, and Director.
- Resolve problems in the lab whenever possible.
- Participate in professional development opportunities.
- In progress AA Degree with course of study applicable to lab content-area
- Earned a final letter grade of a B or better in the course(s) related to Accounting and/or Business, Business Statistics.
- Previous experience with mentoring or tutoring.
- Experience in a service environment helpful but not necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate knowledge of subject-matter area(s).
- Must enjoy working working a diverse population of learners.
- Demonstrate knowledge of internet navigation skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Earned Bachelor's or Master's degree
- Teaching License or Tutoring Certification
- Prior tutoring or teaching experience
- Knowledge of second language, such as Spanish, Portuguese, French, or other.
15-25 hours a week (weekdays; with some weeknights may be required)
Closing Date: Immediate/Position open until filled
Please include the following items with your profile, by clicking New Resume/CV under "Apply" below:
- Cover letter including availability
- Unofficial copies of Transcripts (official transcripts required upon accepted employment offer)
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Community College of Denver is seeking individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and work environment. CCD values the ability to work effectively with students, families, faculty, instructors and staff of diverse backgrounds.
CCD is a Learning College where policies, programs and practices support learning as the major priority.
Community College of Denver is an Equal Employment Opportunity Educational Employer.
Background checks will be conducted on all finalists for employment consideration.
CCD recognizes that administration, faculty, instructors and staff reflect the diversity of its students and community and prohibits employment and student discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For information regarding Community College of Denver Security, including crime statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the CCD Campus Security website under “student’s right to know”: http://www.CCD.edu/Safety . For a hard copy report please contact 303-352-3042