Community College of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Front Office Assistant
at Community College of Denver
Job Title: Front Office Assistant, Work-Study
Department: Career & Technical Education
Pay rate: $12.25 per hour
Number of openings: 1
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing clerical and customer service support in order to ensure a friendly, courteous, effective, and efficient office environment.
- • Respond to public inquiries; receive, direct, and relay telephone and fax messages
• Provide course information to prospective students
• Direct general public to the appropriate staff/faculty member
• Pick-up and deliver mail or run errands on campus as needed
• Scan and file student and course information
• Stock copier, printers and fax machine with paper and toner as needed
• Assist in preparation of meeting and conferences
• Provide Microsoft Office Suite support to faculty and staff
• Receive and sign for mail deliveries
• General housekeeping-to include sanitizing keyboards & phones, dusting, watering plants, etc.
- Must be a current student of the Community College of Denver, taking at least six hours of credit and awarded work-study funds.
- High school diploma or Equivalent
- 1+ years experience in customer service setting. Office reception experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- • Effective verbal and listening communication skills
• Basic computer skills
• Decision making skills
• Time management skills
20 hours a week (may not exceed 20 hours per week)
Closing Date: 8/31/19
Please include the following items with your profile, by clicking New Resume/CV under "Apply" below:
- Cover letter including availability
- Class Schedule
- Copy of Work-Study Award Notice
- Copies of Transcripts
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Community College of Denver is seeking individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and work environment. CCD values the ability to work effectively with students, families, faculty, instructors and staff of diverse backgrounds.
CCD is a Learning College where policies, programs and practices support learning as the major priority.
Community College of Denver is an Equal Employment Opportunity Educational Employer.
Background checks will be conducted on all finalists for employment consideration.
CCD recognizes that administration, faculty, instructors and staff reflect the diversity of its students and community and prohibits employment and student discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For information regarding Community College of Denver Security, including crime statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the CCD Campus Security website under “student’s right to know”: http://www.CCD.edu/Safety . For a hard copy report please contact 303-352-3042.