Community College of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Gallery Attendant, Work-Study
at Community College of Denver
Job Title: Gallery Attendant, Work-Study
Department: MCA Denver
Pay rate: $12.85 per hour
Number of openings: 3
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Museum of Contemporary Art Denver is looking for Gallery Attendants to provide exceptional customer service as they engage with MCA visitors throughout the galleries.
- Gallery Attendants will help MCA guests navigate through the museum.
- Communicate museum policies, keep the artwork safe, and offer interpretive assistance.
- Gallery Attendants will provide the support that many first time and infrequent visitors seek in order to have an enjoyable museum experience
- Must be a current student of the Community College of Denver, taking at least six hours of credit and awarded work-study funds.
- Customer service experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent hospitality, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to keep focus and follow instructions.
- Ability to handle slow and high volume periods.
- Multilingualism a plus.
Up to 20 hours a week (may not exceed 20 hours per week)
Closing Date: open till filled
Please include the following items with your profile, by clicking New Resume/CV under "Apply" below:
- Cover letter including availability
- Class Schedule
- Copy of Work-Study Award Notice
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Community College of Denver is seeking individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and work environment. CCD values the ability to work effectively with students, families, faculty, instructors and staff of diverse backgrounds.
CCD is a Learning College where policies, programs and practices support learning as the major priority.
Community College of Denver is an Equal Employment Opportunity Educational Employer.
Background checks will be conducted on all finalists for employment consideration.
CCD recognizes that administration, faculty, instructors and staff reflect the diversity of its students and community and prohibits employment and student discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For information regarding Community College of Denver Security, including crime statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the CCD Campus Security website under “student’s right to know”: http://www.CCD.edu/Safety . For a hard copy report please contact 303-352-3042.