Community College of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lab and Teaching Assistant for ENV/BIO, Work-Study
at Community College of Denver
Job Title: Lab and Teaching Assistant for ENV/BIO, Work-Study
Department: Center for Math and Science
Pay rate: $11.25 per hour
Number of openings: 1
Fall and Spring Semesters 2018/2019
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist professor with duties related to lab instruction of ENV101 & BIO103 courses.
- Assist professor with SRO (tutoring center) activities as needed.
- Assist instructor with organizing and cleaning lab, setting up lab activities for class.
- Help students in the labs and other misc. duties related to lab activities for environmental science and animal biology courses.
- May be scheduled to assist with monitoring the SRO (Science tutoring center).
- May also be asked to assist with paperwork and collating data, etc.
- Must be a current student of the Community College of Denver, taking at least six hours of credit and awarded work-study funds.
- Must have taken one of the following courses: ENV101 or BIO112 or BIO228, and you must have received a grade of B or higher in the course.
- Good reference(s) from a CCD science professor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must enjoy science and enjoy helping students.
- Must have a strong sense of responsibility and commitment.
- Must be organized, hardworking, reliable and dedicated
Up to 10 to 15 hours a week (may not exceed 20 hours per week)
Must have availability Tue, Wed, Thur. – other days negotiable.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Please include the following items with your profile, by clicking New Resume/CV under "Apply" below:
- Cover letter including availability
- Class Schedule
- Copy of Work-Study Award Notice
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Community College of Denver is seeking individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and work environment. CCD values the ability to work effectively with students, families, faculty, instructors and staff of diverse backgrounds.
CCD is a Learning College where policies, programs and practices support learning as the major priority.
Community College of Denver is an Equal Employment Opportunity Educational Employer.
Background checks will be conducted on all finalists for employment consideration.
CCD recognizes that administration, faculty, instructors and staff reflect the diversity of its students and community and prohibits employment and student discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For information regarding Community College of Denver Security, including crime statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the CCD Campus Security website under “student’s right to know”: http://www.CCD.edu/Safety . For a hard copy report please contact 303-352-3042.