Community College of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lab/Teacher assistant, Work-Study
at Community College of Denver
Job Title: Lab/Teacher assistant, Work-Study
Department: Center for Career & Technical Education
Pay rate: $11.25 per hour
Number of openings: 1
Summer Semetser 2018
Fall Semester 2018
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide direct support to instructors via classroom and lab set up, maintaining the cleanliness of the classrooms and lab, and assisting students as needed via the instructors guidance.
- Assist the instructor in the preparation of course materials.
- Help the instructor in the organization of the office, lab’s and classroom.
- Work as a team player in the support of the CIS/IT program with the instructor, other faculty members, other employees (work-studies) and students.
- Keep the computer lab(s) clean and professional in appearance.
- Assist in the configuration and maintenance of the Network and Hardware labs.
- Assist Lab Assistant III in the reconfiguring the network so students can complete assigned instructional lab assignments.
- Sett up the software for the specific lab environment.
- Cabling the network for the specific lab environment.
- Assist students in the facilitation of their lab assignments.
- Assigned hours in the lab, to ensure students have availability to complete projects.
- Work-study students will be expected to interact with faculty, staff and students in a professional manner on behalf of the program and the Community College of Denver.
- Must be a current student of the Community College of Denver, taking at least six hours of credit and awarded work-study funds.
- Those seeking this position must be enrolled in the CIS/CS Program and be seeking a Degree or certificate associate with this discipline.
- The ideal candidate will have completed both CNG 116 and 124 successfully.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must possess the knowledge and skills to install ,configure and troubleshoot computer hardware,software and networking systems.
Up to 20 hours a week (may not exceed 20 hours per week)
Closing Date: 07/13/2018
Please include the following items with your profile, by clicking New Resume/CV under "Apply" below:
- Cover letter including availability
- Class Schedule
- Copy of Work-Study Award Notice
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Community College of Denver is seeking individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and work environment. CCD values the ability to work effectively with students, families, faculty, instructors and staff of diverse backgrounds.
CCD is a Learning College where policies, programs and practices support learning as the major priority.
Community College of Denver is an Equal Employment Opportunity Educational Employer.
Background checks will be conducted on all finalists for employment consideration.
CCD recognizes that administration, faculty, instructors and staff reflect the diversity of its students and community and prohibits employment and student discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For information regarding Community College of Denver Security, including crime statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the CCD Campus Security website under “student’s right to know”: http://www.CCD.edu/Safety . For a hard copy report please contact 303-352-3042.