Community College of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Literacy Tutor work-study
at Community College of Denver
Job Title: Literacy Tutor Work-Study
Department: Off Campus
Pay rate: $12.25 per hour
Number of openings: 15
Fall and Spring Semesters
Duties and Responsibilities
- Our Literacy Tutor work study positions will assist the on-site coordinator with one-on-one tutoring and administrative support. Aside form tutoring, work study students may also have the opportunity to develop additional projects based on educational interests.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:Working one-on-one with elementary school students reading below grade level, tracking student progress using Reading Partners tools, providing substitute tutoring sessions, and administrative duties, as needed.
- Must be a current student of the Community College of Denver, taking at least six hours of credit and awarded work-study funds.
- - Willingness to learn about tutoring strategies, as well as receive coaching and feedback for implementation of those strategies.
- Patience working with elementary aged students who need help learning
- Ability to work independently or with limited supervision
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse groups of people
- Ability to commit to a schedule and show up promptly when expected
- Consistently and timely communication regarding scheduling conflicts or absences
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Literacy tutors will be required to pass a background check and attend a Tutor Orientation prior to beginning work.
10-20 hours a week (may not exceed 20 hours per week)
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Please include the following items with your profile, by clicking New Resume/CV under "Apply" below:
- Class Schedule
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Community College of Denver is seeking individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and work environment. CCD values the ability to work effectively with students, families, faculty, instructors and staff of diverse backgrounds.
CCD is a Learning College where policies, programs and practices support learning as the major priority.
Community College of Denver is an Equal Employment Opportunity Educational Employer.
Background checks will be conducted on all finalists for employment consideration.
CCD recognizes that administration, faculty, instructors and staff reflect the diversity of its students and community and prohibits employment and student discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For information regarding Community College of Denver Security, including crime statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the CCD Campus Security website under “student’s right to know”: http://www.CCD.edu/Safety . For a hard copy report please contact 303-352-3042.