Community College of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Machining Lab, Work-Study
at Community College of Denver
Job Title: Machining Lab, Work-Study
Pay rate: $12.85 per hour
Number of openings: 1
Duties and Responsibilities
The Machining Lab Work-Study will work closely with the director of the Advanced Manufacturing Center, machining program chair, and faculty to coordinate the preparation, programming, production, maintenance, and monitoring of activities in the welding lab.
- Provide assistance with the daily operations of the machining lab;
- Prepare raw materials for usage in the program;
- Appropriately setup and shut down equipment;
- Track inventory of raw materials, supplies, tools, taps, molds and other items for the machining lab;
- Provide support for special events and programming;
- Assist with the scheduling of the space;
- Support production requests for the machining lab;
- Maintain preventative maintenance schedules for equipment.
- Must be a current student of the Community College of Denver, taking at least six hours of credit and awarded work-study funds.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Prior machining experience or coursework in degree program required.
- Knowledge of welding concepts, equipment, tools, and principals.
- Knowledge of Safety Data Sheets (SDS), and Occupational Safety and Health.
- Evidence of effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- CNC Lathe or Mill experience.
- Mastercam proficiency.
Up to 20 hours a week (may not exceed 20 hours per week)
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Please include the following items with your profile, by clicking New Resume/CV under "Apply" below:
- Class Schedule
- Copy of Work-Study Award Notice
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Community College of Denver is seeking individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and work environment. CCD values the ability to work effectively with students, families, faculty, instructors and staff of diverse backgrounds.
CCD is a Learning College where policies, programs and practices support learning as the major priority.
Community College of Denver is an Equal Employment Opportunity Educational Employer.
Background checks will be conducted on all finalists for employment consideration.
CCD recognizes that administration, faculty, instructors and staff reflect the diversity of its students and community and prohibits employment and student discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For information regarding Community College of Denver Security, including crime statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the CCD Campus Security website under “student’s right to know”: http://www.CCD.edu/Safety . For a hard copy report please contact 303-352-3042.