Community College of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Math Tutor, Work-Study
at Community College of Denver
Job Title: Math Tutor, Work-Study
Department: EXCEL! Knowledge Zone
Pay rate: $12.25 per hour
Number of openings: 6
Duties and Responsibilities
Tutors in CCD’s Math Zone help students enrolled in CCD math courses better understand math concepts and skills. Tutors are expected to:
- Foster a conducive learning environment by greeting students with a positive and welcoming attitude
- Work well with others from a variety of cultural backgrounds and learning abilities
- Build students' critical thinking skills through modeling and guided work
- Encourage independent work
- Help students troubleshoot any issues with computer-based assignments
Tutoring and/or teaching experience is preferred, but not required. In order to move through the hiring process, potential tutors must:
- Be a current student of the Community College of Denver, taking at least six hours of credit and awarded work-study funds.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of college-level math concepts and skills
- Communicate clearly
- Guide others to a better understanding of math concepts and skills
- Document excellence (A or B) in College Algebra (MAT 121) as well as successful completion or current enrollment in at least one course beyond college algebra. any grade less that in College Algebra or less than a C in further mat courses should be explained in the cover letter.
Up to 20 hours a week (may not exceed 20 hours per week)
Training begins Thursday, August 15, 2019. Tutoring begins Monday, August 19, 2019.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Please include the following items with your profile, by clicking New Resume/CV under "Apply" below. Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
- Cover letter including availability for Fall 2019
- Class Schedule for Fall 2019
- Copy of Work-Study Award Notice
- Copies of Transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable)
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Community College of Denver is seeking individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and work environment. CCD values the ability to work effectively with students, families, faculty, instructors and staff of diverse backgrounds.
CCD is a Learning College where policies, programs and practices support learning as the major priority.
Community College of Denver is an Equal Employment Opportunity Educational Employer.
Background checks will be conducted on all finalists for employment consideration.
CCD recognizes that administration, faculty, instructors and staff reflect the diversity of its students and community and prohibits employment and student discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For information regarding Community College of Denver Security, including crime statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the CCD Campus Security website under “student’s right to know”: http://www.CCD.edu/Safety . For a hard copy report please contact 303-352-3042.