Community College of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Office Assistant, Work-Study
at Community College of Denver
Job Title: Office Assistant, Work-Study
Department: Career & Transfer Center
Pay rate: $11.25 per hour
Number of openings: 2
Spring 2019 Semester
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure office protocol, resources, and tools are accurate and professionally displayed along with creating a welcoming environment for all guests.
- Assists the CTC director and staff in multi-tasking, coordinating, and executing CTC office procedures.
- Provide front desk reception duties including but not limited to greeting all guests, scheduling and managing student appointments
- Additional reception services such as operating a multi-line phone system and working with e-mail systems in Microsoft Outlook.
- Support and maintain the organization of the office.
- Event and program planning support with various activities such as Transfer Fairs, Transfer Tours, transfer and career sessions, and information tables.
- Support and execute marketing needs of the departments.
- Work with career development tools and job databases, screening employers and approving job postings.
- Ensure transfer and career marketing literature, resources and tools are posted and updated regularly.
- Manage multiple projects to address the needs of various stakeholders including faculty, staff, students, community partners, and guests
- Support and maintain all student data.
- Maintain accurate record of hours worked.
- Compile weekly reports with aggregate numbers of students using our services.
- Participate in team meetings, professional development workshops and trainings to enhance CTC development and operations as well as personal and professional growth
- Complete an e-portfolio and a digital story at the end of each semester to document professional, personal and academic achievement
- Must be a current student of the Community College of Denver, taking at least six hours of credit and awarded work-study funds.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, knowledgeable in operating of multi-line phone system, copier, printer, scanner, label maker, projector
- Maximum of 20 hours a week, minimum of 15 hours.
- Must be available to work from 8:00am to 12:00pm on Friday, and one additional required 8:00am shift.
- Each shift must be a minimum of two hours.
- Previous relevant experience preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must have and maintain at least a 2.8 GPA
Up to 20 hours a week (may not exceed 20 hours per week)
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Please include the following items with your profile, by clicking New Resume/CV under "Apply" below:
- Cover letter including availability
- Class Schedule
- Copy of Work-Study Award Notice
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Community College of Denver is seeking individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and work environment. CCD values the ability to work effectively with students, families, faculty, instructors and staff of diverse backgrounds.
CCD is a Learning College where policies, programs and practices support learning as the major priority.
Community College of Denver is an Equal Employment Opportunity Educational Employer.
Background checks will be conducted on all finalists for employment consideration.
CCD recognizes that administration, faculty, instructors and staff reflect the diversity of its students and community and prohibits employment and student discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For information regarding Community College of Denver Security, including crime statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the CCD Campus Security website under “student’s right to know”: http://www.CCD.edu/Safety . For a hard copy report please contact 303-352-3042.