Community College of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Office Assistant/Open Studio Monitor, Work-Study
at Community College of Denver
Job Title: Office Assistant, Work-Study
Department: Visual Arts Department/Center for Arts and Humanities
Pay rate: $11.25 per hour
Number of openings: 2
Summer Semester 2018
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains office operations.
- Serves students, faculty, and staff.
- Assists in various student art show venues.
- Provides general management of art studios.
- Updates job knowledge.
- Receiving and distributing communications between students, staff, and faculty by: collecting and mailing correspondence;
- Taking and forwarding messages; and copying information
- Maintains supplies and equipment by: checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating requirements.
- Placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt stocking items; delivering supplies to work various offices; picking-up and delivering items.
- Answering questions; forwarding messages; confirming requests, running various errands, helping prepare materials, and hanging art.
- Conducting inventory and organizing supplies and ensuring the cleanliness and safety of studio.
- Participating in educational opportunities and departmental events.
- Accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Minimum of a 2.5 GPA
- Experience working in and maintaining an office setting and/or art studio desired.
- Must be a current student of the Community College of Denver, taking at least six hours of credit and awarded work-study funds.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong interpersonal communication skills needed—both in-person and electronic
- Ability to problem-solve and take initiative with projects around the studios and office
- Studio art, art history, and graphic design majors
- Highly organized, attention to detail
- Experience with Adobe suite
- Ability to paint
- Artistically-minded, creative, and high work ethic
Up to 20 hours a week (may not exceed 20 hours per week)
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Please include the following items with your profile, by clicking New Resume/CV under "Apply" below:
- Class Schedule
- Copy of Work-Study Award Notice
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Community College of Denver is seeking individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and work environment. CCD values the ability to work effectively with students, families, faculty, instructors and staff of diverse backgrounds.
CCD is a Learning College where policies, programs and practices support learning as the major priority.
Community College of Denver is an Equal Employment Opportunity Educational Employer.
Background checks will be conducted on all finalists for employment consideration.
CCD recognizes that administration, faculty, instructors and staff reflect the diversity of its students and community and prohibits employment and student discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For information regarding Community College of Denver Security, including crime statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the CCD Campus Security website under “student’s right to know”: http://www.CCD.edu/Safety . For a hard copy report please contact 303-352-3042.