Community College of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Peer to Peer Outreach Mentor, Hourly
at Community College of Denver
Job Title: Peer To Peer Outreach Mentor, Hourly Staff
Department: Office of the President/Center for Workforce Initiatives
Pay rate: $17.50/hour
Number of openings: 5
Purpose & Summary of Job
- CCD's Center for workforce Initiatives (CWI) helps to connect employers, workers, students and other community partners to support career advancement and sustainable employment within targeted industries. The Center oversees or supports multiple community workforce partnerships within construction, transportation, healthcare, and advanced manufacturing, including, including the construction, transportation, healthcare and advanced manufacturing, including the construction workforce collaboration WORKNOW. This position will support WORKNOW construction outreach and career development activities across metro Denver. WORKNOW members currently work in construction or professional services positions are eligible to apply. Peer to peer outreach mentors support recruitment events, talk about industry experiences with CORE partners and community organizations, may participate in media or general outreach events and provide informal mentor support for WORKNOW members. Hours based on availability and scheduled activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in scheduled community and partner outreach or recruiting events as availability permits; including night and weekend activity. Respond to WORKNOW inquiries on availability in a prompt and timely manner. 50%
- Assist WORKNOW outreach specialist with creating peer to peer mentor contect (such as videos and social media posts) and secure members to share personal professional stories to inspire and motivate new WORKNOW. 25%
- As requested, participate in career-related workshops or panels, including quarterly retention programming, in partnership with internal and external training or resource providers. 20%
- Maintain accurate records and prepare reports on outreach activities, including events attended, individuals served, and submission of digital timesheets as required by administration. 5%
- Participation in or completion of construction industry training including short-term certificates or registered apprenticeship preferred
- Minimum of one year employment in construction industry craft or office positions required
- Knowledge of or experience with metro Denver construction industry workforce, training and community service organizations preferred
- Previous mentoring or grassroots community outreach experience preferred
- Note: recommendation by WORKNOW Navigator is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of construction industry workforce experience, and willingness to share industry recommendations with new job seekers,
- Strong verbal, listening, written and presentation communication skills
- Strength in establishing and maintaining relationships
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple work tasks or projects
- Interest in collective impact work and partnerships to benefit working families and low-income Denver residents
- Demonstrated commitment to personal behavior and work practices that support social justice and inclusive excellence
- experience in technology including but not limited to iPads or phones at outreach events.
5-10 hours a week (may not exceed 28 hours per week)
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Please include the following items with your profile, by clicking New Resume/CV under "Apply" below:
- Cover letter including availability
- Copies of Transcripts
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Community College of Denver is seeking individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and work environment. CCD values the ability to work effectively with students, families, faculty, instructors and staff of diverse backgrounds.
CCD is a Learning College where policies, programs and practices support learning as the major priority.
Community College of Denver is an Equal Employment Opportunity Educational Employer.
Background checks will be conducted on all finalists for employment consideration.
CCD recognizes that administration, faculty, instructors and staff reflect the diversity of its students and community and prohibits employment and student discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For information regarding Community College of Denver Security, including crime statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the CCD Campus Security website under “student’s right to know”: http://www.CCD.edu/Safety . For a hard copy report please contact 303-352-3042