Community College of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Reading Center Assistant
at Community College of Denver
Job Title: Reading Center Assistant, Work-Study
Pay rate: $11.25 per hour
Number of openings: Until filled
Duties and Responsibilities
- Students who commit their time in a Work Study program have a unique opportunity to inspire and educate K-4th grade students reading below grade level. These high-impact tutors work 1-on-1 with several children in a reading center located within one of 13 available elementary school partnerships, building relationships, teaching reading skills, and inspiring confidence. In addition to tutoring, Work Study students may also have the opportunity to develop additional projects based upon academic and professional development interests. Administrative support could include monitoring curriculum, tracking student progress, and basic reading center operations support.
- Must be a current student of the Community College of Denver, taking at least six hours of credit and awarded work-study funds.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Interested students will report to the Site Coordinator at their reading center location. They should be able to commit to a regular, weekly schedule and arrive on time consistently for sessions in the Reading Partners reading center. They must communicate schedule conflicts or changes to the Site Coordinator. This position requires both internal (data, administrative) and external (tutoring, volunteer support) operations skills and a desire to learn. If you're ready to make an impact in high need elementary schools, consider Reading Partners!
- Students should have a commitment to literacy and a passion for working with elementary school students as well as community volunteer tutors. Experience with education, tutoring, or working with children is a plus, but not required - this is a great opportunity to develop or build on these skills.
up to 20 hours a week (may not exceed 20 hours per week)
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Please include the following items with your profile, by clicking New Resume/CV under "Apply" below:
- Cover letter including availability
- Class Schedule
- Copy of Work-Study Award Notice
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Community College of Denver is seeking individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and work environment. CCD values the ability to work effectively with students, families, faculty, instructors and staff of diverse backgrounds.
CCD is a Learning College where policies, programs and practices support learning as the major priority.
Community College of Denver is an Equal Employment Opportunity Educational Employer.
Background checks will be conducted on all finalists for employment consideration.
CCD recognizes that administration, faculty, instructors and staff reflect the diversity of its students and community and prohibits employment and student discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For information regarding Community College of Denver Security, including crime statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the CCD Campus Security website under “student’s right to know”: http://www.CCD.edu/Safety . For a hard copy report please contact 303-352-3042.