Community College of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Teaching Assistant work-study
at Community College of Denver
Job Title: Teaching Assistant, Work-Study
Department: Center for Health and Natural Sciences
Pay rate: $12.25 per hour
Number of openings: 2
Duties and Responsibilities
- The teaching assistant will be an integral part of Microbiology labs and lectures, assisting students to understand the concepts, lab procedures and safety precautions in each lab session, as well as any group assignments during that class session. The teaching
assistant will also help with lab set-up and clean-up in Microbiology classes.
- Must be a current student of the Community College of Denver, taking at least six hours of credit and awarded work-study funds.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Please provide minimum education, experience, knowledge, skills & abilities required for this position:
Any equivalent combination of education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. Must be eligible for work study funds
Current student, science major -preferably biology
Proficiency in oral communication on topics in biology
Ability to ask insightful questions
Has completed BIO 204 or BIO 208 or equivalent course successfully. Equivalency TBD by hiring manager.
10 hours a week (may not exceed 20 hours per week)
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Please include the following items with your profile, by clicking New Resume/CV under "Apply" below:
- Cover letter including availability
- Class Schedule
- Copy of Work-Study Award Notice
- Copies of Transcripts
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Community College of Denver is seeking individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and work environment. CCD values the ability to work effectively with students, families, faculty, instructors and staff of diverse backgrounds.
CCD is a Learning College where policies, programs and practices support learning as the major priority.
Community College of Denver is an Equal Employment Opportunity Educational Employer.
Background checks will be conducted on all finalists for employment consideration.
CCD recognizes that administration, faculty, instructors and staff reflect the diversity of its students and community and prohibits employment and student discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For information regarding Community College of Denver Security, including crime statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the CCD Campus Security website under “student’s right to know”: http://www.CCD.edu/Safety . For a hard copy report please contact 303-352-3042.