Community College of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
UMI Assistant, Work-Study
at Community College of Denver
Job Title: Urban Male Initiative (UMI) Assistant, Work-Study
Department: Academic Advising and Student Success Center
Pay rate: $11.25
Number of openings: 1
Duties and Responsibilities
- Report directly to the Urban Male Initiative (UMI) Advisor
- Complete administrative duties including telephone call reminders, prepare programming materials for meetings and events, send emails and other clerical duties
- Assist with UMI events
- Sets appointments for UMI advisor
- Assist with Academic Advising and Student Success Center check-in's as needed
- Meet weekly with UMI Advisor to provide updates on assigned tasks and UMI participants
- Attend meetings with the Vice President of Student Development and/or the Dean of Student Development as needed.
- Must be a current student of the Community College of Denver, taking at least six hours of credit and awarded work-study funds.
- Basic computer knowledge, including Microsoft Offices (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Friendly and professional customer service skills
- Basic administrative duties (filing, printing, coping and telephone)
- Familiar with the physical layout of the Auraria campus and other landmarks around Metro Denver
- Knowledgeable about key CCD personnel
- Knowledgeable about organization design, Microsoft Offices (Word, Excel and Outlook) and willingness to learn
- Familiar with Copy machine, fax machine and telephone
- Familiar with Auraria campus, CCD connect and the CCD website
20 hours a week (may not exceed 20 hours per week)
Closing Date: May 6, 2019
Please include the following items with your profile, by clicking New Resume/CV under "Apply" below:
- Cover letter including availability
- Class Schedule
- Copy of Work-Study Award Notice
- Copies of Transcripts
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Community College of Denver is seeking individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and work environment. CCD values the ability to work effectively with students, families, faculty, instructors and staff of diverse backgrounds.
CCD is a Learning College where policies, programs and practices support learning as the major priority.
Community College of Denver is an Equal Employment Opportunity Educational Employer.
Background checks will be conducted on all finalists for employment consideration.
CCD recognizes that administration, faculty, instructors and staff reflect the diversity of its students and community and prohibits employment and student discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For information regarding Community College of Denver Security, including crime statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the CCD Campus Security website under “student’s right to know”: http://www.CCD.edu/Safety . For a hard copy report please contact 303-352-3042.