Community College of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Welding Lab, Work-Study
at Community College of Denver
Job Title: Welding Lab, Work-Study
Department: Center for Career & Technical Education
Pay rate: $11.25 per hour
Number of openings: 3
Spring Semester 2019
Summer Semester 2019
Duties and Responsibilities
The Welding Lab Workstudy will work closely with the director of the Advanced Manufacturing Center, welding program chair, and faculty to coordinate the preparation, programming, production, maintenance, and monitoring of activities in the welding lab. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide assistance with the daily operations of the welding lab
- Prepare raw materials for usage in the programs
- Appropriately setup and shut down equipment
- Track inventory of raw materials, supplies, tools, and other items for the welding lab
- Provide support for special events and programming
- Support production requests for the welding lab
- Assist with community requested projects
- Clean and maintain lab space and equipment
- Maintain preventative maintenance schedules for equipment
- Must be a current student of the Community College of Denver, taking at least six hours of credit and awarded work-study funds.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of welding concepts, equipment, tools, and principals.
- Knowledge of Safety Data Sheets (SDS), and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulation is a plus.
- Evidence of effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Up to 20 hours a week (may not exceed 20 hours per week)
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Please include the following items with your profile, by clicking New Resume/CV under "Apply" below:
- Class Schedule
- Copy of Work-Study Award Notice
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Community College of Denver is seeking individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and work environment. CCD values the ability to work effectively with students, families, faculty, instructors and staff of diverse backgrounds.
CCD is a Learning College where policies, programs and practices support learning as the major priority.
Community College of Denver is an Equal Employment Opportunity Educational Employer.
Background checks will be conducted on all finalists for employment consideration.
CCD recognizes that administration, faculty, instructors and staff reflect the diversity of its students and community and prohibits employment and student discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For information regarding Community College of Denver Security, including crime statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the CCD Campus Security website under “student’s right to know”: http://www.CCD.edu/Safety . For a hard copy report please contact 303-352-3042.